Has anyone found that since we now have a mobile skin that the full version seems to be more difficult to use with a smart phone?

leonard1one

The mobile skin is brilliant. Much respect Neuro! I like it a lot. But I also like to use the full version. Am just wondering if anyone else has found that since the mobile skin was introduced, it has been more difficult to use the full version. Or is it my phone. Smart phones are not that smart sometimes I find. Though amazing what something that fits into the palm of your hand can do. Just curious.

Hi Number 2. Long time no speak. But I've been visiting, and you have been a chatterbox. But that's good. You're always interesting. You have an I phone. They're very good. I was thinking of getting one. But I was put of by the camera and video quality. I would expect more from Apple. Though maybe it makes up for it in other ways. I didn't research that deep. The I phone is impressive though. Was sad to hear about your experience whilst out walking with your children. I'm sure that it must have been very distressing for you. My Sister has been a vegetarian since she was 15. When she invites me round for a meal the food is very tastey. There is a mass of vegatarian food out there. Though I would say that farm animals don't experience fear in the way that human beings do. They react to an unfamiliar enviroment, and being in an enclosed space. But they don't understand death, or what it means to be alive or to be dead. They function mostly by instinct. Though elephants, and the primates, and dolphins and whales do seem to have some understanding. Sensitive people tend to anthropomorphize animals. But there are enough hard people out there, so we need people who are more sensitive. Doesn't mean weak, or soft. Is one of the better qualities that human beings have. Anyway. You said that you preferred using your phone to access rather than your pc. I much prefer using my phone than a pc. I actually have two mobiles. But this one has a very good standard keypad for a touch screen phone, and good predictive text. I do not like using a QUERTY keyboard. Never have, and maybe never will. But from posts from you and Greg looks like the problem is with this phone. Though I like it well enough in other ways. Keep on keeping the open chat alive and kicking Number 2 :thumbsup:

Hi Greg. Looks to be that it's this phone that is at fault. Though I like it mostly. I have two mobiles. This one a Nokia 5230 on pay as you go. Symbian. The other a Sony Ericsson Vivaz on contract. Symbian. The Nokia just works for me when writing. I can write a novel in 5 minutes. Slight exaggeration maybe :-) The Sony is brilliant for for a bit of photography, or shooting a movie. Very good in other ways to. I like it. Your HTC Desire. Probably one of the best phones out there, if not thee best alrounder. As I said to Number 2 looks like it's my Nokia that's at fault. Though is ok for most of the time. Thought it likely to be my phone causing problems on occaisions. But was just curious. See that you thought last years BB was good. Didn't watch the beginning of it. But checked it out after a while. Wasn't sure about it. But gave it a chance, and it really took of big time. Many people have said that it was the best ever BB. I haven't watched most of them, can only remember bit's of one years ago. But I thought it was facinating. Thought there was no way that this years BB, even though the last, and the producers would pull out all the stops, could be anywhere near as good. Didn't watch the beginning. But gave it a chance. If you haven't been watching recently then you're definately missing out. The housemates didn't look that interesting. But it's all been going crazy in there. The producers - BB have been manipulating in fairly clever ways, just as they did last year. It's come good Greg. There's so much going on. The housemates have livened up. Big time. Maybe check it out? See what you think now. Have to get ready to go to work soon. Didn't feel the need to sleep tonight. Though sometimes I really love my Zzzz's. Just going to write a short post on topic Anybody interested in Big Brother. Seems most member's aren't. Good to meet you Greg :thumbsup:

Hi Number 2. Long time no speak. But I've been visiting, and you have been a chatterbox. But that's good. You're always interesting. You have an I phone. They're very good. I was thinking of getting one. But I was put of by the camera and video quality. I would expect more from Apple. Though maybe it makes up for it in other ways. I didn't research that deep. The I phone is impressive though. Was sad to hear about your experience whilst out walking with your children. I'm sure that it must have been very distressing for you. My Sister has been a vegetarian since she was 15. When she invites me round for a meal the food is very tastey. There is a mass of vegatarian food out there. Though I would say that farm animals don't experience fear in the way that human beings do. They react to an unfamiliar enviroment, and being in an enclosed space. But they don't understand death, or what it means to be alive or to be dead. They function mostly by instinct. Though elephants, and the primates, and dolphins and whales do seem to have some understanding. Sensitive people tend to anthropomorphize animals. But there are enough hard people out there, so we need people who are more sensitive. Doesn't mean weak, or soft. Is one of the better qualities that human beings have. Anyway. You said that you preferred using your phone to access rather than your pc. I much prefer using my phone than a pc. I actually have two mobiles. But this one has a very good standard keypad for a touch screen phone, and good predictive text. I do not like using a QUERTY keyboard. Never have, and maybe never will. But from posts from you and Greg looks like the problem is with this phone. Though I like it well enough in other ways. Keep on keeping the open chat alive and kicking Number 2 :thumbsup:

I have strictly been a vegetarian since that moment, I was eating some 'Percy pig' sweets at Global Gathering tho, and then realised they had pork gelatin in (something which only Tasty jelly sweets use like randoms) so that was my last pack of those. I also was a bit anemic returning from there, and really did fancy some beef but NO animal is ever gonna have to go through that for my benefit again. I ate alot of spinach instead. Like alot, but it worked wonders. I have cooked stuff for my kids tho, and even when it's been bacon, and smelled nice etc etc, none will pass my lips. EVER AGAIN! -_-

Regards the iPhone, I actually use an iTouch. But I do know you can download an app for an iPhone that makes it a 5mp camera which is better, and for basic use I think they are amazing. I use my actual camera for videos and photos anyway.

Number 2. I have total respect for you. You have cooked bacon etc for your children, and held to your values re not eating meat. I love bacon and tomatoe butties. I love a good steak etc etc. The smell of it cooking makes me ravenous with hunger. I once read that some pop star, I can't remember who he was, but he was a vegetarian, and he would only feed his dog vegetarian food. I thought that was wrong. Dogs are carnivores. They have evolved over hundreds of thousands of years to eat only meat. They are wolves selectively bred to become labradours, poodles and all the other breeds of dogs, including some very big powerful dogs. I like watching documentaries. I watched one about a pack of wolves. Very interesting. But it showed them hunting. The pack moved in on a herd of bison, big, incredibly powerful animals, which become big and incredibly powerful just eating grass. The wolves look for the weakest and slowest animal, or one they could seperate from the herd. Sometimes they fail, and go hungry. They can't eat grass. But this time they seperated one from the herd. They chased it for hours. Wolves can run for hours and hours. It tired, and they surrounded it. It was big and powerful, a magnificant animal. It fought to survive, for hours. But the combined and relentless effort of the pack of wolves slowly and surely bought it down. Once it had been seperated from the herd it's fate was certain. It was sad to see such a magnificant powerful animal fight a loosing battle for it's life against a pack of wolves, much smaller and much less powerful. But wolves are not bad animals, though they have been systematically killed of by humans in most of Europe and all of the British Isles. Though I think possibly there might be an attempt to reintroduce them in some remote areas of Scotland. I saw a documentary about a pride of lions in Africa. It was very interesting also. Some of the younger and less experienced lions were out hunting. They seperated a water buffalo - which are very aggressive, and actually kill more people in Africa than lions do. A water buffalo is capable of killing a lion. The lions were inexperienced hunters, but they stayed clear of the horns of the water buffalo. They attacked it's rear, and after hours of struggle they tired it out, and when it went down on it's knees one lion went for the mussle grip. Where the lion bites down on the mussle of the animal, and it suffocates. Hard way to die. But the herbivores want to survive, and eat vegetation. That's all they can eat. The carnivores want to survive, and eat other animals. That's all they can do. They cannot survive on vegetation. But us human beings, we are omnivores. We have evolved to eat meat and vegetation. But we can survive and be perfectly healthy on a vegetarian diet. Though in part our evolution to being the most dominant and highest life form on earth has been because we could eat meat. A very concentrated source of protien, energy etc. But now we don't need to. Anyway. I'm waffling. Is good that you have not imposed your vegetarian lifestyle choice on your children. Many would. That's maybe fair enough. But I think it's good to let children make their own choices. Children are individual human beings, just younger than we are. They need guidance and support and encouragement and so much more. But I particulary don't like devout religious parents who brain wash and pretty well impose their beliefs on their children. Years ago I told my Sister about Quorn products. They have totally vegetarian beef burgers, ham, bacon etc. At that time my Sister said that she couldn't eat them because they were to much like meat. But now she loves them. She really likes the Quorn bacon strips. I maybe shouldn't tell you this. But I feel I should, though you probably already know. Ordinary cheese is made using rennet, extracted from calves or cows stomachs to curdle the milk. You can get vegetarian cheese though, which is made in a different way. You should also maybe consider taking some vitamin B12. A vegetarian diet can provide all the nutrients you need, but can be lacking in B12. Deficiency of which can cause a form of anemia. Keep healthy Number 2. Interesting what you said re I phone app that can enable 5 mp quality. Will certainly look into that. Thanks for the intel. Take care :-)

I do like pork sausages. Though sometimes I wonder what kind of meat goes into them. Pigs are considered to be the most intelligent of farm animals, maybe as intelligent, or more intelligent than dogs. Though I can't say that I have ever had any contact with pigs. But Quorn make very nice vegetarian sausages. I like them as much as pork sausages, and they are healthier to eat. Your son might like them Number 2.

Now I haven't eaten a sausage since 1985, because I know what goes into them.

Have been eating some quorn cajun pieces, in fajitas, no one knows whether it's quorn or chicken, however tried quorn in some other form the other week and couldn't eat it, simply because I dunno what it is, and I don't eat any processed food, which quorn clearly must be. :rubbish:

Hi Greg. Looks to be that it's this phone that is at fault. Though I like it mostly. I have two mobiles. This one a Nokia 5230 on pay as you go. Symbian. The other a Sony Ericsson Vivaz on contract. Symbian. The Nokia just works for me when writing. I can write a novel in 5 minutes. Slight exaggeration maybe :-) The Sony is brilliant for for a bit of photography, or shooting a movie. Very good in other ways to. I like it. Your HTC Desire. Probably one of the best phones out there, if not thee best alrounder. As I said to Number 2 looks like it's my Nokia that's at fault. Though is ok for most of the time. Thought it likely to be my phone causing problems on occaisions. But was just curious. See that you thought last years BB was good. Didn't watch the beginning of it. But checked it out after a while. Wasn't sure about it. But gave it a chance, and it really took of big time. Many people have said that it was the best ever BB. I haven't watched most of them, can only remember bit's of one years ago. But I thought it was facinating. Thought there was no way that this years BB, even though the last, and the producers would pull out all the stops, could be anywhere near as good. Didn't watch the beginning. But gave it a chance. If you haven't been watching recently then you're definately missing out. The housemates didn't look that interesting. But it's all been going crazy in there. The producers - BB have been manipulating in fairly clever ways, just as they did last year. It's come good Greg. There's so much going on. The housemates have livened up. Big time. Maybe check it out? See what you think now. Have to get ready to go to work soon. Didn't feel the need to sleep tonight. Though sometimes I really love my Zzzz's. Just going to write a short post on topic Anybody interested in Big Brother. Seems most member's aren't. Good to meet you Greg :thumbsup:

Hi bud

Yep, I've been really happy with the HTC, the new Android 2.2 firmware gives it some great new features including HD recording and the ability to save apps to your memory card.

Someone I work with has said this years has been great, but I've not watched it at all since the first night. I did watch last night's celebrities going in though and will probably watch it now through pure curiosity. lol I used to not bother with the openings though and get into it once a few people had left. I couldn't stand hearing them all shout over each other!! Maybe that's where I went wrong this year, I got in too early! Josie must have felt a bit awkward having Preston and Chantelle go in first considering they just sort of broke up their 'marriage' lol

Good to meet you bud :-)

Greg. Hi chum. Very interested to hear that your HTC can record in Hd. Was not aware of that. Think one of the main things that was highlighted, and pushed about the Vivaz was that it could record and playback in HD. But personally I think the HTC is a better all round phone. Would be interested to know if there are any apps that can give it a standard mobile keypad with large keys and good fast to use predictive text. Have equipped my Vivaz with a standard mobile keypad and predictive text. But the keypad keys are really quite small, which causes errors frequently whilst writing fast, which is what I do, and the predictive text is somewhat laborious to use. So if I have any writing to do I use my Nokia 5230, which is really pretty good for that, but it certainly does have it's limitations. I didn't start watching BB last year until after a few weeks in. The first episode I watched Marcus was expressing some of his opinions quite forcefully. There was a lot of tension in the house because of that. I thought that Marcus's sideburns - like Wolverine's - were a bit crazy. Watched it now and again for a while. But got to know what the housemates were like, and found it facinating. This year I missed the first night's episode, and only watched bit's of the first week. Didn't think the housemates were that interesting. But gave it a chance since I'd enjoyed last years series so much. There were some pains in the ass, that did annoy me at times. But some real characters came through. Some really interesting situations developed. The producers - BB - really stirred things up. I'd say that it became as good as last years series. Which, as I think I.ve said before in one topic, was considered by many to be the best ever BB. Think, as you said, you might have given up on this years BB to soon. Don't know most of the housemates in the Ultimate BB. Have never seen Chantel or her ex husband before. Apparently their marriage lasted less than a year. Like Chantel. Very beautiful girl, and seems to have a lovely personality. Have seen Ulrika before. Think that was on a celebraty BB. Have never really watched celebraty BB. But do like Ulrika. Think she is a lovely genuine young woman. Coolio I know of. Not at all sure about him. Though he did move in on Chantel very quickly, which might not be my style, but have to give him an A for effort. Nadia I don't like, and am astonished that apparently she won in some past series. John Mc C. I absolutely cannot stand that total dick head. Hope to goodness that he gets evicted asap! Very surprised and disappointed that nobody from last years BB is in the ultimate BB. Think Marcus could well have livened things up. Think he would have taken j mc c to pieces. Anyway. Could be interesting. Here's hoping. Enjoy! Talk again Man :)

Hi Number 2. Quorn foods are made from mycroprotein, a member of the fungi family, which is very nutricious, high in protien and fibre and low in fat - no cholestrol. Quorn foods also contain free range egg white, which I think is probably added as a binder. It is, as you said, obviously processed. But there is processed food and there is processed food. Cornflakes, which I do like, and many other cereals are highly processed, and many contain high levels of salt and sugar. Baked beans, which I also like, contain high levels of salt and sugar. Bread is a processed food. If you can manage to eat only non processed food, then good on you. Though I think that a diet of only non processed foods would not be the most enjoyable diet in the World. You probably already know this, but vegetable protiens are not a complete source of protein. All sources of vegetable protien lack some of the essential amino acids. Though if you mix grains and pulses, together they provide all the essential amino acids, and are complete protein. For men protein is important for building muscle, especially if they are weight training etc, as I do. But also if they are physically active. I'm sure that you don't want to build big muscles Number 2 :) But complete protein is important to everyone for good general health and well being. Probably that was very boring. But want you to keep healthy. Don't know how old your son is , who asked you if sausages were vegetarian food. But hope you haven't been making him play on the Playstion 3. It's not good for the mind playing Sonic the Hedgehog, or whatever games the PS 3 has. Much better to get an X Box 360. You know it makes sense :) Just curious. Did you ever get your tattoo? Steve - one of the contestants in this years BB was covered in tattoo's. Though often more is less I think. He was a middle aged family man, with 8 children. A very nice guy. Used to be in the Army. Lost both of his legs and an eye in an explosion in Northern Ireland many years ago. But though he loved being in the Army, and wanted to make a career out of it, he took it like a man, and has continued with his life. He was up for the experience of BB. Was very contemporaneous I thought, considering the situation in Iraq. Which is really bad I think. Anyway. Like your new avatar. Ingenious I think. Has a Japanese vibe I think. Have long time been interested in the ancient Japanese society. The way of the Samurai kind of thing. Very polite people, but in ancient times very fierce and deadly warriors. My Sister went to Japan years ago to teach English as a foreign language. Very big culture shock. She couldn't speak any Japanese, and most of the Japanese couldn't speak any English. So when she went shopping she didn't know which of their foods were vegetarian. But after a while she became so ravenously hungry she ended up having to eat the sauce from foods that she wasn't sure didn't contain meat. Poor girl. But after a time she learn't what she needed to know. Bye for now Number 2. Maybe a Silver Panther might be a good tattoo :D only joking.