Secret Santa 2010age

JasonB

Right, I'm getting in early with this (okay by maybe a week compared to last year).;

Im taking in upon myself to organise this years secret santa, thats about the only change, the rules are same otherwise:

(nicks stuff from Aza's post from last year :lol:)

* Competition established today (date of this post) and participants to register their interest

* The chance to register your interest will be open for 5/6 weeks - closing around 16th October

* At this point the composing/recording of the mixes will take place and you will have 5/6 weeks to do so (anyone completing beforehand is welcome to hand over their mix, but this is a cut off date for submission of entries)

* All mixes to be submitted no later than 13th December and a week's worth of processing will then allow the mixes to be distributed in time for XMAS

You can send mixes to me by upload or by CD (pm for addressage if doing that)

Otherwise please submit your mixes only in either 192kbps 44hz CBR mp3 or 320kbps 44hz CBR mp3

Limitations: To ensure a fair competition, all mixes are to be no longer than 80-min (equivalent to that of a CD).

Anyone with a set of decks, digital equipment etc are encouraged to take part and are welcomed - the more the merrier.

To ensure we capture as many people as possible, please could you reply to this post stating if you would like to take part no later than 16th October.

Let's see how many oldies/classics mixes we get this year , last year I did essentially a best of/faves of the year mix, this year will be very different!

Participants:

Me, Myself & I Received

Jaylo Received

Simon Ross

Mike W Received

Number 2

Fuzzy

Tremor Received

Judge Mental

Hardaway Received

milkybarkid Received

Ian K

Marty M

Pleasure Paul Received

Aza Received

thirddrive Received

Noff Received

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I'm getting in early with this (okay by maybe a week compared to last year).;

Im taking in upon myself toorganise this years secret santa, thats about the only change, the rules are same otherwise:

(nicks stuff from Aza's post from last year :lol:)

* Competition established today (date of this post) and participants to register their interest

* The chance to register your interest will be open for 5/6 weeks - closing around 16th October

* At this point the composing/recording of the mixes will take place and you will have 5/6 weeks to do so (anyone completing beforehand is welcome to hand over their mix, but this is a cut off date for submission of entries)

* All mixes to be submitted no later than 13th December and a week's worth of processing will then allow the mixes to be distributed in time for XMAS

You can send mixes to me by upload or by CD (pm for addressage if doing that)

Limitations: To ensure a fair competition, all mixes are to be no longer than 80-min (equivalent to that of a CD).

Anyone with a set of decks, digital equipment etc are encouraged to take part and are welcomed - the more the merrier.

To ensure we capture as many people as possible, please could you reply to this post stating if you would like to take part no later than 16th October.

Let's see how many oldies/classics mixes we get this year , last year I did essentially a best of/faves of the year mix, this year will be very different!

put me down again this year :thumbsup:

loads of great mixes from everybody last year

sign me up please. This year I'll definitely cook up a mix... Last year I never got around to it, but this year I actually have the time and I'm very eager to do a mix since it's been forever... and on that note I can say my mxing skills is probably be somewhat rusty.. but hey, it's all about contributing, not being perfect.. right!? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Previous years we've had people subbing 160, 192 vbr, 128 etc. (which Ive stuck with each time), so really it would be good, Ia gree to have all involved stick to a certain quality and format.

So I'm going to second Simcuts idea, please submit your mixes only in either 192kbps 44hz CBR mp3 or 320kbps 44hz CBR mp3 please (will add this to 1st post)

haha... Don't worry Simcut I always submit my mixes in at least 192 and always keep the wavs for them also so that anyone wanting a CD copy gets it burnt from the wav file. Ironically of course most people will only ever stream the mixes I upload via soundcloud which means they are listening to a 128 kbps stream. Only when downloading the file which hardly anyone does nowadays do you get the file in the intended quality.

I do agree with your concerns here though.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - that time of year again - it's truly come around way too quick!

Nevertheless, this has always been an activity on here I've always loved to participate in and sadly my very limited time of late has restricted my ability to keep in touch with y'all on here.

That said, I'm well up for this and sense another special mix to be undertaken. So will rack through the vintagey material and put together something to reminisce over!

Cheers Jason'age - my name's in the hat ;)