Beyond - Still Dream

Quadrant

Loved this back in the day (1999 :o ) and my vinyl copy arrived today - ok ok, I'm 11 years late but it's wonderful to hear it again in all its glory... enjoy sirs!

PS Anyone know who Beyond was? Suspect like Digger it will be forever unknown :(

Yep good tune. I managed to get my hands on a second copy a few years back and sold it to our Danish audio moderator (Mr Fuzzy-Logic himself) if I'm not mistaken! Great track.

PS Anyone know who Beyond was? Suspect like Digger it will be forever unknown :(

If I'm not mistaken, Beyond is actually just another guise of the artist we all know as Tilt ;)

• 3 years later...

Worth bumping this given Kate Bush's resurrection recently. Not sure I'm right with Tilt being the true artist btw... I had a bit of email chat back in the day with the owner of Conception Artist Management and he had a little story on it... Never found out though!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

My set up for better or worse is Shure M97XE using Citronic PD2 plugged into Citronic MS1, connected to my pc by usb via Ac1-USB. I asked Aza and Neuro for their thoughts on what needle to use and decided on the Shure one. After all these years I've finally realised how a decent needle makes all the difference to sound quality! majorly, as I was using the Stanton 505al IIs (I think they were called?), after comparing my new rips with the ones I did 6 odd years ago there is a noticable difference.

I burn everything to CDs, (two copies of each comp) always have. I will never keep in digital format for long.

I have started off recording the stuff that cannot be bought on cd or digitally full length essentially, and having to re-buy certain records to do so. I am then recording the rest, if the vinyl sounds bad I can easily rebuy as a download or cd single or whatever.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Needle and cart combo makes a massive difference. I noticed a huge jump when I switched from Stantons to Ortofon Concorde Nightclub many years ago.

Personally, I will be keeping any digitisations in archive as I'll probably end up getting a digital vinyl system. Even if not there is less friction to creating a new copy if I break/lose a CD brun.

The other question is, do you record the whole vinyl or selective mixes? The OCD part of me is screaming out that a whole release must be recorded, but the rational thing to do is only record the mixes I know I like.

Since I started buy downloads instead of vinyl on a regular basis I've always burned two copies of every full CD i've burnt off and will always do so, if hardrives die I've got things backed up, I still intend to use CDs for years to come.

Fi9rts time around I recorded every track and side of vinyl, now I am being more selective, if there are (a) version(s) I don't like / would never play (or never did and still would not) I am not bothering to record it.

• 3 months later...