half price on Native Instrument Traktor software

FuzzY-LogiC

i used to own this and sold it, but looking at buying it again and also getting a decent controller, such as the akai APC 40, Or the kontrol x1

Marty: The 'Traktor Scratch Pro' will indeed enable you to use the included timecoded CD's with your CD decks, just like Serato.... no more audio cd burning.

You just use 1 CD pr. deck and all the cratediggin' is happening on your laptop :)

As i have never used Serato I can't say which is best, but as far as I've heard, Traktor got the best quality on their effects and timestretch... and they are still developing it heavily, so new features are added with most of the updates.

Ian: the Kontrol X1 is really nice imho... got one myself, but still need to learn to use it properly before it gets really fun :)

the brand of CD decks doesn't matter as far as i know... even a normal CD player (with no pitch... from a stereo setup) should work.

the timecoded CD is basically just an audio CD with 3 tracks of noise.

When routed into the Audio 4 or Audio 4 soundcard that comes with the 'Scratch' version of Traktor, it is regonized and treated by Traktor as an audio signal, giving you control over the mp3/wave/flac/ogg file that you have "mapped" to the playing deck in Traktor.

It's exactly the same with the vinyls that is bundled with the 'Scratch' version... they can be used on any turntables, even the old ones without a pitch slider.

Marty: The 'Traktor Scratch Pro' will indeed enable you to use the included timecoded CD's with your CD decks, just like Serato.... no more audio cd burning.

You just use 1 CD pr. deck and all the cratediggin' is happening on your laptop :)

As i have never used Serato I can't say which is best, but as far as I've heard, Traktor got the best quality on their effects and timestretch... and they are still developing it heavily, so new features are added with most of the updates.

Ian: the Kontrol X1 is really nice imho... got one myself, but still need to learn to use it properly before it gets really fun :)

Cheer's fuzzy 299.00 whats the difference between the Scratch Pro & the Scratch Duo 179.00 as thats a cheaper option for me if it works

Cheer's fuzzy 299.00 whats the difference between the Scratch Pro & the Scratch Duo 179.00 as thats a cheaper option for me if it works

The 3 main differences:

Only 2 decks (not 4 as in PRO)

6 effects in the DUO version (20+ in PRO)

- "6 first-class DJ effects (delay, flanger, reverb, filter, beatmasher, gater), groupable into chains of up to three per channel"

It comes with the 'Audio 4' soundcard, not the 'Audio 8'.

Audio 4: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-scratch-duo/?page=371

Audio 8: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-scratch-pro/?page=247

So if you just need the basics, the DUO is probably suited for your needs.

Marty: for a used DUO setup for £130, check this thread: http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?showtopic=6812

That's me who has got it for sale. :) I am looking to get rid of all my setup to move fully over to Trakor S4 so thats the only reason for sale.

I got it because I was sick of burning CD's and it was putting me off making mixes having to burn all my new tracks to a CD before I could play them. Trakor allows me to play straight away near enough and you can also beat grid your tracks so they can be sync'd or you can still beatmatch the old fashioned way.

If you are interested then just give me a shout on scotlandmark@hotmail.com

I have Traktor Scratch Pro now with the Audio 8 soundcard and I have to say it's brilliant. So much less hassle than burning CDs and works great with my CDJ 1000's. It was very easy to set up and its very stable (not crashed on me once). I can highly recommend it.

I have Traktor Scratch Pro now with the Audio 8 soundcard and I have to say it's brilliant. So much less hassle than burning CDs and works great with my CDJ 1000's. It was very easy to set up and its very stable (not crashed on me once). I can highly recommend it.

Do you still use all the features of your 1000's mate? I found myself using them just to press play basically then I was on to Trakor using the loops and things on that. That's how I have decided to move to S4.

• 4 weeks later...