Gatecrasher Seven // Saturday 29th January // Eddie Halliwell & More

GCL_EddieHalliwell_A7_messageboards.jpg

Gatecrasher Seven // Saturday 29th January // Eddie Halliwell & More

When any DJ at the top of the game steps into the booth it has that effect. Before they cue up a track or even plug in their headphones the mood changes. Eyes dart forward to the front, people get up on their toes and there is a murmur of expectation. But with Eddie Halliwell it not merely a murmur, it’s a rapturous roar, one that builds until its crescendo, the famous chant begins “EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE” A stalwart on the international circuit with 30 consecutive Top 20 listings in the DJ mag Top 100 poll, as well as being the first and only DJ to have been crowned Mixmag’s DJ of the Year, twice, its not hard to see why Eddie Halliwell has established himself as one of the most exciting DJs around.

---------------------------------------------------

Main Room

Eddie Halliwell

Claudia Cazacu

Riley& Durrant

Will Holland

Admission

10pm – 5am

£10 Early Birds

Available from www.Gatecrasher.com/tickets

Gatecrasher Seven

54 New Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6NU

www.gatecrasher.com/seven

• 4 weeks later...

Gatecrasher catch up with Eddie Halliwell ahead of his Set at Gatecrasher Seven, Leeds on Saturday 29th January...

1. You’ve been nominated in Mixmag’s greatest DJ of all time Poll – how does that feel?

I feel privileged to be part of such a list and never expected to be in something like this at my age, there are some people twice my age there are some serious legends in there, djs i look up to and admire

2. Who is your greatest DJ of all time?

That’s a tough one – I admire different DJ’s for so many different things –

3. Where did you spend New Year?

I played in Puerto Rico on new years eve this year. My favourite NYE gig of all time has to be a gig i did a couple of years ago – on a beach in Rio De Janeiro, playing to over million people – that was an incredible sight and experience!

4. What was your highlight for 2010?

2010 was another great year – Ibiza, Brazil and Australia were highlights for me – I love playing in these territories. Two real stand out gigs being Green Valley in Brazil and Summadayze festival in Gold Coast – both immense!

5. What are your plans for 2011?

To keep the fire fully fueled!

6. How’s the Fire it up Radio Show going?

From Strength to Strength – I’ve got 10 million listeners, spanning from every corner of the globe. It’s amazing to be able to hit such as vast audience every week with the syndicated show.

7. You’ve had a long history with Gatecrasher, are you looking forward to Leeds this month?

I can’t wait! Gatecrasher was one of my first ever residencies so it’s always special to come back. It’s also quite close to home, so they’ll be a big team of friends and lots of familiar faces that I am looking forward to seeing.

8. What can we expect?

Full fire!.

9. Tell us about Ed-It?

ED-IT is an exclusive platform for me to perform from, a show with special effects and visuals all integrated into what I am doing on stage. It allows me to be a more creative DJ, using equipment to remix/re-edit tracks live, hence the name.

10. Tell us about the Eddie Halliwell I-Phone App?

It’s a free app, available to download from iTunes <http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/eddie-halliwell/id370343725?mt=8> , which gives people access to exclusive gig and behind the scenes video footage, photos, streaming of my global Fire It Up Radio show and live broadcasts, Fire It Up Podcasts, along with direct news and updates. It’s just a starting point for the app really with more unique plans to release more features in the future.”