New member pops in to say Hi :)

Stevedude2

I've been a fan of Jules since he first started out on radio one and to this day he is still my number one. We have never met unfortunately as i am much older then Jules but i have most of his work on tape and Mini Disc as well as that of his peers. The great thing for me is that Jules introduced me to a line of music that i had previously rejected and to me that is and has always been a sign of greatness :thumbsup:

Hear hear!

I know how great it is to have your eyes opened for an area of music you once thought less of or completely rejected.

It's not always just enough to have an open mind if the right tracks aren't there or isn't presented in a way that fits you... listening to Jules in the early years of my 'Jules experience' (99-) was like listening to a mentor, serving up the right tracks in a way I absolutely loved which made me interested in techno, hardhouse and many other genres I'd only glanced at earlier. Can't be anything but eternally grateful for that :)

Welcome fourbanks!... :thumbsup:

Hi im new to the site, i was looking for some of the judge jules events iv been to and was looking to download the ones i had gone to and some that id just heard on the radio and taped, have i come to the right place?

You certainly have! Welcome to the site. Let us know if you can't find what you're looking for and no doubt we'll point you in the right direction :)

I know which ones i want but it says i need more posts to download, How many do i need?

The one that i really want is judge at the love parade, I was walking along with my mate and we seen all these people rushing over and it was the judge on the serious float banging it out, I got my mum to tape the whole event bless her but some scroat nicked the tape so really want that one. There is loads that i can remember another is creamfields 2002 i think on the outdoor stage that was a messy day and iv lost that tape too.

Hi all,

Posting as I want to download Jules' set from 2002 Creamfields, Liverpool. It was my first dance event outside of Glasgow and I was just 18. Although my musical tastes have evolved since then, it was Judge Jules and his Radio 1 show that first introduced me to dance music. Hoping this set will evoke some great memories which were only the start of many years of clubbing and good times.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trawling through the tracklist archive all morning and remembering so many classics and lost tunes from 2003/04. I've been buying what I can off iTunes but it's a shame so many have never seen a digital release. I may just give in and buy the vinyls for a few of the best ones.

Thanks for this great resource you have here, really appreciate the effort you've gone to.

I have quite a few tapes scattered around......some decent quality ones not yet on your archive as well. Proper classics. If I ever get the time and the tech I will try to upload them. Have one set - its a half hour mix with Viola and madeline's - a deeper love in the mix.....havent found it in your archive. One of his best half hours mixes I reckon, proper trance from start to finish. Like I say, if I ever get my shit together I will try and get them uploaded.

Any advice on tech required please?

Send the tapes to one of the moderators or admin on here, I know they have digitized loads of people's tapes and uploaded them on here.

They are like gold dust, I'm sure I speak for everyone on here that we would all implore you to dig them out and send them in for archiving.