New member pops in to say Hi :)

Stevedude2

Hi all! New to the site.

Not nostalgia for me - my age was only in single figures at the turn of the century! I've relatively recently discovered JJ (last couple of years), discovering more and more of his stuff. Thanks to everyone who runs it, a godsend!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Another new member here :) I'm Barry from Kilmarnock, Scotland.

Just wanted to say hello and thank the peeps that have thought to create such a great collection of Jules dedicated info and media.

Like all of you I'm sure, I think the Judge is a true legend and gentleman. I have to be very thankful for discovering him back in the late 1990's. He no doubt single handedly shaped me into the Trance music loving DJ I eventually became. I can remember having not long passed my driving test, driving around listening to the friday night shows on nice summers nights with the show blasting out the windows ( I bet at the time I thought I was pretty cool in my old beat up Fiesta lol) when actually I wasn't at all ! Still brilliant memories though.

Ive had the pleasure of seeing Jules many many times from the Arches in Glasgow to Mambo in Ibiza. Some superb nights were certainly had ! Luckliy had the pleasure of meeting him briefly on on a couple of occasions too. Thoroughly genuine and nice bloke who always had time to stop for a photo or a handshake !

I'll be honest and say that I didn't quite appreciate him enough in recent years and just took it for granted that he would always be around on radio 1. I'm 34 now (getting on) and had been listening for about 15 years lol. To my shock one day I learned he would be leaving in only a matter of weeks last year. Disappointed and sad would be an understatement to sum up my feelings at the time. Thankfully though he is still banging out the mixes on his global warm up show (which I will be listening to ) and now that I have found this site I will be able to reminisce old times with the archive of mixes.

This sure will bring back some great memories.

Cheers guys :)

Welcome to the board to all you new members who have signed up recently.

Do contribute and send in any missing tracklistings or tapes / mp3s if you have any - we are here to archive them to allow others to reminisce :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just found the site, so thought I should join and say hi.

I'm a bit of an old schooler, and my favourite music era is 1992-1999 during Cream's hey days. I like house, hard house and trance. I've already ripped most of my tapes to mp3, and there's a few Jules mixes among them!

Cheers

Phil

Howdoo all,

I'm a long-time lurker whose finally gotten round to signing up. Jules' Radio One show was the soundtrack to most Friday nights while I was at uni and I listened to it religiously. I feel like I was born a decade too late, I missed out on the golden age of trance in the early 00s as I was too young to know about it. My brother got me hooked on trance many years ago with the old Anjunabeats volumes and one of the big reasons I went to study in Sheffield was in the faint hope that the old Gatecrasher One would be rebuilt and experience the nights that my bro had told me about, sadly wasnt meant to be! Still, there's plenty of great stuff around, I love anything that is Above and Beyond and Anjunabeats (particularly older stuff), Bryan Kearney, Daniel Kandi, John O'Callaghan, Aly and Fila, a ton of others. Been lucky to see Jules play a couple of incredible sets at Creamfelds in recent years and I attend quite a few trance nights dotted around the North.

Cheers!

Alan

best memory of Jules was the live Friday broadcasts... coming from Inside Out at The Arches in 2000. I was there, joined in the chanting. Then some nugget pushed one of the monitors over and it fell onto Jules and the decks, hence the big scratch and moment of silence on the recording. Cracking night!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...