Old member returns

adjecteddeleted

Thought I should add a 'hello' too. Good to see some of the regulars still on here.

I'm coming out of clubbing retirement (again, does it ever end?) and heading along to Emery's 7hr set at Sankeys. Anyone else doing this?

Nice to see you back mate - how's things?

• Like 1

I'm coming out of clubbing retirement (again, does it ever end?) and heading along to Emery's 7hr set at Sankeys. Anyone else doing this?

What a wonderful way to rediscover the scene - have heard Emery's on very good form so I think you'll be in for something special!

Welcome back too sire! :ninja:

Welcome back Steve, l was only thinking about you the other day as l'm going up to see Jules at the Arches in Glasgow on 26th Feb. Do you still live in Glasgow?

Hi Quadders and Chrissie.

Can't wait for the Emery night - should be awesome, as you say!

Yes, Chrissie, I still live in Scotland. Just outside Glasgow in Hamilton, but work in the big city lights. Is this your first trip to the Arches?

Yes, it will be my first trip to The Arches. :) I went up to see Jules and Eddie in Glasgow in Jan 2010, Jules was meant to be playing at The Arches but as the bridge over the arches was being repaired they played at the O2 Academy instead. I had a great time, everyone was so friendly and the atmosphere was electric. l stayed with Moira, a girl l meet in Ibiza a few years ago, she is a regular at the Arches and is a big fan of Marco V. l drove from Penzance to Exeter and then got a cheap flight to Glasgow.

On my return the plane was less than half full so there weren't many cases going round on the carousel but silly me picked up the wrong case and didn't discover my mistake until l got back home. :o Both cases were identical, grey with a pink stripe, the woman that had picked up mine was none the wiser until she was contacted by the airline. I ended up having to drive all the way back to the airport which is a 240 mile round trip so l drove 360 miles that day! It cost me an extra £35.00 in petrol as well so won't make the same mistake again!

This time l'm visiting friends in London and so l'll be getting a train up to Motherwell which is not far from where Moira lives. Richard Durrand is playing alongside Jules so should be a good night. I've heard all about The Arches so l know what to expect :lol:

When was the last time you went to The Arches?

Chrissie, yes I remember hearing about your baggage event after your last trip! I think the train sounds a better bet for this time :thumbsup: I live only a few miles away from Motherwell and use the station there for trips down south.

I hope The Arches is fully open for your trip. They can change the configuration depending on ticket sales and the best atmosphere is when the place is totally open and rammed to the gunnels!

My last trip there was, hmmm, let me think! Errr...deffo sometime last year, but can't remember when. It must have been about springtime I think as when we finally got home it was just starting to get light and the birds were singing (or was it my tinnitus :confused: ) I went with my partner and we had a quality night with some classics being belted out - residents' nights are good for these. Unfortunately it was one of the quieter nights, but the music made up for it.

If I wasn't doing Emery down in Manchester in March, I'd come along to The Arches and meet you. (Plus Jules and Durand aren't really my cuppa these days, but that's a whole new thread!)

Have a great time and look forward to hearing all about it and particularly how sore your throat was the day after from shouting 'Here we, here we, here we f***ing go!' all night :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...