Anyone else smile at this new Yellow Pages advert?

Simcut

Saw it on TV earlier, it's superb, but he should've gone to Discogs, the silly sod. Great advert nonetheless, makes me reminisce of old times ringing up record shops and speaking to people and ringing labels getting release dates on tunes, etc. ;)

I like the track they made for the advert too.

Edited by Simcut

The two main record stores I used to frequent in Birmingham are long gone (Three Shades & Massive Records). They both used to be rammed on a Thursday afternoon when the new Dutch imports arrived. I remember queuing for a turntable to listen to new releases once in Three Shades & Massive had in-store appearances and mixes from Sasha (to launch Involver) and Marco V (to launch IN:Charge)

The two main record stores I used to frequent in Birmingham are long gone (Three Shades & Massive Records). They both used to be rammed on a Thursday afternoon when the new Dutch imports arrived. I remember queuing for a turntable to listen to new releases once in Three Shades & Massive had in-store appearances and mixes from Sasha (to launch Involver) and Marco V (to launch IN:Charge)

Three Shades was superb! The staff were really friendly and helpful, their prices were spot on, and they always seemed to have those records that only a limited number were produced. I picked up a few rare records from there.

Massive was OK - but nothing compared to their main Oxford store. With the exception of the new releases, most of the tunes they sold were the ones that they had had in the Oxford store for yonks but struggled to sell - so they then ended up in Birmingham. The guy in the Oxford store (Russell) really knew his stuff too.

DMF wasn't too bad for rare records either - although their prices were a rip off. As for the other Brummy store, HTFR, - I hated the place with a passion.

I watch hardly any tv these days just the odd hour in the morning and couple hours later at night so I haven't seen the ad enough for me to get annoyed with it, is there once certain channel that shows it the most?

I remember during the Grand Slam Of Darts on ITV4 last year every ad break they showed literally the rotation of the same 6-7 ads including the new pot noodle gti one (which I never saw for sale round here at all) drove me up the wall onto the ceiling ala Angello!

I hate that whistling tune that Homebase use on their ads.

I'm glad i'm not the only one - it really gets on my tits! Its was on every single advert break last night. Grrrr

As for the Go Compare bloke - if I had a choice of winning the lottery or whacking that fat prick in the jaw, i'd choose to whack him in the jaw - thats how much he annoys me now!

I don't watch a lot of tv but agree with Jason's point on the same adverts been run over and over again at every break. This is why I am already sick of the yell advert. I tend to turn the sound down now on adverts as most channels run them at the same time. Car insurance adverts are the most annoying.

I'm glad i'm not the only one - it really gets on my tits! Its was on every single advert break last night. Grrrr

As for the Go Compare bloke - if I had a choice of winning the lottery or whacking that fat prick in the jaw, i'd choose to whack him in the jaw - thats how much he annoys me now!

I turn the sound down or the tv over as soon as it comes on. I wouldn't use their website because the adverts annoy me so much.

I use Sky+ normally when I am watching something and forward the ads. Especially now that they tend to advertise more during the actual programme rather than inbetween.

But during the day if the TV is on for the kids or something like 'this morning' is on I hear the ads.

We just sold our car dot com!!

I use Sky+ normally when I am watching something and forward the ads. Especially now that they tend to advertise more during the actual programme rather than inbetween.

But during the day if the TV is on for the kids or something like 'this morning' is on I hear the ads.

We just sold our car dot com!!

The adverts they show during "normal" working hours are awful. They have to be designed to motivate the unemployed to leave the house and go looking for a job. They go along the lines of are you on benefits and wish you could afford a new car etc well look no further and ignore the small print :pirate: (Not having a go at the unemployed) These companies pray on the most vulnerable in society and should be banned from tv.