What Would Happen If You?

The-joker

just thinking back last sunday its a few years now since i left school. I use to love the Science lessons. heres one Question i Remembered.....

If you were to step into a sealed room filled with 100% Methane gas and strike a match, What Would Happen? And How Bad would it be.?

Come on think back to class. and leave your Thoughts.... The Answer will be Displayed this sunday. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

just thinking back last sunday its a few years now since i left school. I use to love the Science lessons. heres one Question i Remembered.....

If you were to step into a sealed room filled with 100% Methane gas and strike a match, What Would Happen? And How Bad would it be.?

Come on think back to class. and leave your Thoughts.... The Answer will be Displayed this sunday. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

The match wouldn't light as there's no oxygen. You would also suffocate though, which would be quite bad.

• Like 1

Interesting question. I think sir Judge Mental is right, it needs oxygen to burn so the match wouldn't light. If it were 50% methane and 50% oxygen, and you struck a match, I imagine there might be a small explosion! But I don't know... :)

You would also suffocate though, which would be quite bad.

Quite bad? Well yes, I would have to agree with you there.

Sir Joker I am enjoying these puzzles let's hope more are posted to exercise my long-depleted brain cell.