Dubstep Anyone?

Hardaway

Listened to this yesterday. I usually dont like dubstep but there were a couple of tunes I quite liked in this one. The first one is good. I have to admit I was bored by 15 mins through but dont take it personally mate I can only handle dubstep in very small doses and there are very few tunes I like.

Nice to dabble with some different styles though eh. I must post a happy hardcore mix on here soon... that's my 2nd genre shall we say... trance and happy hardcore!

• Like 1

One of my old friends set up his own Dubstep label (Ranking Records) a few years back. I've yet to explore the genre fully if I'm being honest, but there's some good stuff out there. It is influenced by a fusion of lots of musical genres really..... Variation is always good so it gets my vote ;)

It also comes in a variety of flavours... Compare this track to the above, for example:

http://soundcloud.com/ranking-records/finest-hour-by-submotion-orchestra

This stuff is a little slow for my liking though. though it's quite listenable.

There's alot of pretty good Dubstep out there tho, I saw Nero live at Global and it was absolutely amazing. Remember the tune's still building up at the beginning, just like with any long trance tune, you don't get the full effect of it's greatness until you hear the whole thing, preferrably in an amazing set. I certainly find people dance to it more than they are dancing on the trance dancefloor.

I like this

and this I like too, it reminds me a little of the 'old days' what with the high pitched vocal, piano, DnB thang!! (only better)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWvLiSrZnLw

Another tune I like is..

All quite good CROSSOVER points towards the DnB and Dubstep Genre. Leaving us free to take our own paths after...

All of these tunes are well worth a listen, and gimmee again that sense of build up, and upliftedness. :)