Armand van Helden // Gatecrasher Birmingham // 29th May

SunriseSessions-May29th-A6frt.jpg

Armand van Helden // Gatecrasher Birmingham // 29th May

On Bank Holiday Sunday 29th May Gatecrasher Birmingham are very exicted to announce a Birmingham exclusive with the legend that is Armand van Helden. He is a massively prolific house music producer and one of the coolest DJs out there. He was first brought to the public eye for his numerous productions including his first big underground hit the massively dark and hypnotic track 'Witch Doktor'. Quickly followed by remixes of other massive artists such as Bucket Heads, Bananarama, Ace Of Basem Blondie, giving a glimpse of his talents and imagination. The Van Helden Touch then started to impose itself and after a couple of successful remixes, he unintentionally kick started the genre of Speed Garage with his remixes of Sugar is Sweeter by CJ Bolland, Professional Widow by Tori Amos, and Spin Spin Sugar by Sneaker Pimps. To prove he wasn't only a remix act, he came back with his own productions The Funk Phenomena which became an international dance hit and made Armand van Helden the most requested DJ of the time. Further albums and singles contiued his success story including You Don't Know Me , My My My,New York City Beats & more. More recently you would have heard his tracks but not necessarily known it was the man himself, releasing tracks such as BarBara Streisand uner the guise of Duck Sauce,

Admission: £20 Standard

• 1 month later...

Win 2 x VIP Tickets to see Armand Van Helden on Bank Holiday Sunday 29th May

Fancy Winning 2 x VIP tickets to see Armand Van Helden at Gatecrasher Birmingham on Bank Holiday Sunday 29th May? Simply Text GC ARMAND to 61211 for your chance of winning.

(texts cost 1 msg at ur std network charge only, comp closes Thursday 26th May, winners will be picked at random)