What's happened to my right monitor channel???

Uberduck

First of all..... bloody hell it's been donkeys years since I have even looked on here let alone posted or commented on anything! Guess getting old gets in the way of luxuries like this :confused:

Anyway, help required....

Having been in between residencies for a while I haven't had my CDJ's setup so last weekend I decided my cold turkey had gone on for long enough and set them up. Rather annoyingly for some reason the right monitor speaker isn't giving out anything more than a quiet hum (no music comes out). When listening through the headphones one of the earpieces hum's too.

I've checked all the cables are in the right sockets and tried switching over the monitor speakers to see if it was the speaker itself. However much I piss about with things the speaker contunues to hum and no music comes out.

My setup consists of:

Pioneer DJM 600

2 x CDJ 1000 Mk3

EFX 1000

2 x KRK Rokit RP6

I'm probably being completely blonde but can anyone offer any suggestions? Is it the mixer?

It could be the channel on your mixer, sometimes the faders get old and they can distort.

I had it for a while with my mixer, it just takes some tinkering with the channel or even the fader and it should sort out.

Failing that I have no idea mate - would have thought connections but if you've checked them out then I can't see another reason

Long time no surface, Uber!

Sound's a tough one that... In my experience, the DJM600 is one of the finest bits of DJ engineering kit I've laid hands on - I have extreme faith in the robustness and have had to troubleshoot sounds pretty much always finding that it's not the mixer and anything but it.

If you've checked all connections (firmly) then see if there is anything you can do to manipulate your set up e.g. get some phono's and connect the mixer up to some hi-fi (if poss) and see if you get sound out of both speakers? Can your monitors be connected up to anything else as well to check their integrity e.g. connect each up to a laptop or PC?

Edited by Aza

Buenos dias Aza! Yeah haven't had the time to use the board much mate.

I'll try all the suggested options. I've tried the speakers in both sockets and they both work when plugged into the left of the two but not the right. I've never had any complaints about any Pioneer equipment so I'd be surprised if it was the mixer.

I'll report back.....

Well at least you know both monitors work.

When you checked the monitors on the left output and right output seperately, did you use the same cable or was there a different cable on the left to the right. It could be a dodgy cable that's all I was thinking. Keep eliminating possible faults mate and let us know how it goes.

If you can prove you have a working cable and working monitor by connecting them to the left output but connecting exactly the same cable and monitor to the right output does not work then it would unfortunately seem like the mixer being at fault. The Pioneers are pretty robust but it would not be the first time I've known someone with a DJM600 with a blown output.