judgement sundays 2011

jaylo

I see from Judgement Sundays Facebook page the lineup is now announced. That absolute tit of Tristan D seems to be a resident also as he playing most weekends at JS.

Jules should just part company with the f--king asshole!

Problem is Jules loves him!

Think it was Briggsy who suggested that he could just be a total 'yes man' doing whatever it takes to make his mark regardless of how shit it makes Jules.

Jules obviously loves him as all these constant bootlegs keep coming and he keeps on banging on about him in the diary extracts each month.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is Jules loves him!

Think it was Briggsy who suggested that he could just be a total 'yes man' doing whatever it takes to make his mark regardless of how shit it makes Jules.

Jules obviously loves him as all these constant bootlegs keep coming and he keeps on banging on about him in the diary extracts each month.

Loadstar - 'Space Between Us' (J&T Project Remix) is a perfect example of them dreadful bootlegs they keep throwing out each week or so. Seriously what must the other Dj's be thinking when they hear Jules play this absolute shite incoporated with them jingle in his sets. No wonder he seems never to play alongside the big players anymore.

In the past, Jules has had 'filterers' helping him with his tunes - but they've just worked silently in the background. A lot of people didn't even know that Jules had a 'filterer' - and those that did weren't even sure who was doing that role. Simon Patterson did that role for years and back then, Jules was playing decent tunes. Jules and Patterson had completely different tastes in tunes - but Patterson found tunes that fitted in with Jules style and didn't try to force his own style on him.

However, it seems like Tristan D is really milking his role. He's gained gigs galore at nights that Jules is associated with and Jules's style of music changed dramatically when Tristan took over - and coincidentally, Jules's style is now identical to that of Tristan Ds.

Patterson went on to become a career DJ and producer himself - and did most of that through his own hard work with Dogzilla, etc - with perhaps a bit of guidance and support from Jules. However, it feels like Tristan D is going down the easy route of following Jules round - which is understandable because if he wanted to do it the hard way, he'd never make it because he's a terrible DJ.

I think Jules has lost respect amongst 'proper' clubbers and fellow DJs now. Jules hasn't helped an artist break through for about 3 years now - whereas he used to do it regularly with the likes of Fabio Stein, Michael Woods, Paul Masterson, etc. Jules's productions and remixes/bootlegs NEVER get supported by the top DJs either - and I think there's a reason for that....

Jules will always be a legend - and my all-time favourite DJ - but he should have gone out on a high about 4-5 years ago. He's rapidly on the decline now and going to be remembered for all the wrong reasons (those gimmick bootlegs, the cheesy voiceovers, etc).

Jules will always be a legend - and my all-time favourite DJ - but he should have gone out on a high about 4-5 years ago. He's rapidly on the decline now and going to be remembered for all the wrong reasons (those gimmick bootlegs, the cheesy voiceovers, etc).

I couldnt agree more with you brother! Its a shame really since he absolutely stood out back between 1998-2002 in my opinion!

In the past, Jules has had 'filterers' helping him with his tunes - but they've just worked silently in the background. A lot of people didn't even know that Jules had a 'filterer' - and those that did weren't even sure who was doing that role. Simon Patterson did that role for years and back then, Jules was playing decent tunes. Jules and Patterson had completely different tastes in tunes - but Patterson found tunes that fitted in with Jules style and didn't try to force his own style on him.

However, it seems like Tristan D is really milking his role. He's gained gigs galore at nights that Jules is associated with and Jules's style of music changed dramatically when Tristan took over - and coincidentally, Jules's style is now identical to that of Tristan Ds.

Patterson went on to become a career DJ and producer himself - and did most of that through his own hard work with Dogzilla, etc - with perhaps a bit of guidance and support from Jules. However, it feels like Tristan D is going down the easy route of following Jules round - which is understandable because if he wanted to do it the hard way, he'd never make it because he's a terrible DJ.

I think Jules has lost respect amongst 'proper' clubbers and fellow DJs now. Jules hasn't helped an artist break through for about 3 years now - whereas he used to do it regularly with the likes of Fabio Stein, Michael Woods, Paul Masterson, etc. Jules's productions and remixes/bootlegs NEVER get supported by the top DJs either - and I think there's a reason for that....

Totally agree with you mate.

It speaks volumes when Jules is getting zero airplay and support from other DJs for his own tracks.

PLUS ONE DUDES!

If you don't mind me asking, what finally swayed you into realising Jules had lost his way?

A year ago, you'd used to go a bit weird if anyone criticised Jules - but now you join in the criticising. Realised we were right about all the dodgy bootlegs, etc?

Not a dig - just wondered why you've suddenly turned again him too.

If you don't mind me asking, what finally swayed you into realising Jules had lost his way?

A year ago, you'd used to go a bit weird if anyone criticised Jules - but now you join in the criticising. Realised we were right about all the dodgy bootlegs, etc?

Not a dig - just wondered why you've suddenly turned again him too.

Not to interupt but I personally reckon Jules lost it around 2002-2003 era, although 2005 was not a bad year for Jules in my opinion. I have virtually stopped listening to the Radio 1 Show the last year or so, I just scan through the tracklist and look for intersting tunes. Its a shame really, the way Jules is going recently he will only be booked for kids and wedding parties!

I'm sure I posted about it at the time.

Before I had only ever experienced him playing good in a club, and I assumed he kinda only played J&T and black eyed peas on radio one which tbh on a Saturday afternoon back in the day wasn't all that different. However as I was going clubbing less frequently than in my youth I only saw him occasionally and in smaller more underground style dancefloors. I was also unable to hear him when I went to MoS due to damaged hearing (as you know ministry is incredibly loud)

when I last went to MoS to see him, I had earplugs, he played some good tunes, I got on the speaker to dance and he unfittingly dropped the BEP's so I got down and he then slowed his set down to knock out fecking Coldplay and the dancefloor halved in attendance, I got bored! Never happened before at a Jules gig. Anyway I was pretty disappointed and funnily enough I did think of you att...lol

I next saw him at Global for an early afternoon Electro set which I did enjoy, good fun, good atmosphere, despite him dropping Tinie Tempah in and out it was a really small arena and the joke seemed to fit. But he later played a similarly styled set but in the massive GK marquee and everyone that went was moaning, however Jules seemed oblivious to the reaction both there and at Ministry. I also met Tristan D again and I disliked him alot, personal opinion maybe but to me he seemed a very untrustworthy man.

I also had an epiphany that I was bored of the trance scene finally as I was choosing ShyFX Nero Caspa Sub focus and the like over boring acts like Armin etc

I love a good dance and a good atmos when I go clubbing, Jules can no longer provide this.

(also Tristan does the radio one playlists so pprrft)

hope that clears it up

I'm sure I posted about it at the time.

Yeah maybe - I had a phase where I didn't post on here for a few months so I probably missed it.

I was just really surprised when I came back and saw you'd turned on Jules because you were the last person I expected to give up on him.

You're right though, the fact that he plays these really awful tunes that just seem totally out of place and clear the dance floor - and then seemingly being totally unaware that he's killing the dancefloor (backed up by his regular diary comment of "the crowd were really up for it") is really contributing to the demise of his career :(

And you gotta admit that was a little 'dig' wasn't it(!) :)

No, not at all - just a harmless question really. A year ago you were very defensive of Jules, and now you've turned against him. Just wondered what triggered the sudden switch because you were always a die-hard Jules fan that wouldn't have anything bad said about him.

I would never aim anything personal at Jules (will always remain a legend!) but too many things annoy me now with regard to his DJing.

He surely cannot accept that the bootlegs work and appeal to a proper crowd - I mean if he looks back on what made him popular it was the antithesis of this kind of crap.

I know that people have asked him before and he has defended them as being 'crowd friendly' or whatever but with people rushing off the dancefloor when he is on and the endles online whinging he must surely get it - eventually!

Tbf he still has alot of fans but it's not for me. I wouldn't say I've turned against him, I love the fact he's soundtracked most of my life, given me so many tunes, VIP entries, nights in the DJ box he is totally a really really good bloke, but the direction he's chosen is in the opposite direction to mine now.

It wasn't sudden though, not deep down.

Had I been clubbing on a weekly basis still I may have turned sooner. I don't know?

He surely cannot accept that the bootlegs work and appeal to a proper crowd

The fact that he feels the need to play voiceovers saying "Make Some Noiiiiiiiiise" and "Somebody Screeeeeeam" to try to get a crowd going is pretty much admitting defeat in that his tunes don't motivate the crowd enough to get them going.

If the tunes were good enough to get a crowd dancing, there wouldn't be the need for gimmicks surely (although neither tunes or gimmicks are working nowadays anyway).

It just baffles me why he would think that playing Black Eyed Peas bootlegs or Tinie Tempah accapellas would work at respectable Trance nights such as The Gallery or Passion. Its blatantly obvious that that type of crowd isn't going to respect those types of tunes. The mind boggles.

Tbf he still has alot of fans but it's not for me.

I agree - I think Tom said a while ago - he's still very much a crowd puller - but mainly in commercial/Luminar-esque venues. I don't think he has any crowd pulling power at places like Godskitchen or Gatecrasher at all now.

You can go on every DJ/clubbing forum on the internet and if they see Jules's name on a line-up, they'll say "oh no, not Jules" - only with more swear words thrown into the sentence too.

Whenever I've played anywhere with a 3 or 4 deck setup I've always used the 3rd & 4th ones to have a back-up tune cued up. One which I know I will use at some point or is a kind of get out of jail track if I'm struggling to decide which track to drop next.

I have been known to get over-creative and loop in basslines and stuff but very rarely.

I'd certainly not bother with a f***in jingle!

It's just way too often, way way too often. Something in the region of 25 in a set. I expect a little tack and cheese from Jules but not continuous. And I don't think Amanda has helped either... But hey ho it's the way he wants to go.

I mean he really does just love playing music to people, it's a shame he couldn't have just retired and brought out a book without going downhill first. :(

I went to see Jules @ Sound in Penzance last Saturday, he played a great set, the crowd loved him (he hasn't played in Penzance for almost 8 years) and the place was rammed and so was the the dance floor for the duration of his set. :) He played from 2.30am to approx 4am and only played a couple of his bootlegs and only used his jingles a few times. :thumbsup: I really enjoyed the night, great atmosphere, tune selection was good and he wasn't drunk, he was drinking water during his set and was very relaxed. He was playing at Berties in Newquay first so may have had a skinful there. I can only speak as l find and for me it was a night to remember its just a pity l didn't take more photos and didn't do any filming either :(:lol:

I'm going to see Jules @ The Syndicate in Bristol at the end of May so it will be interesting to see how he is then. I'm travelling up from Penzance to Durham on the Friday and attending a wedding on the Sat and going to stop off in Bristol on Sunday night for one of the JS Ibiza nights. Anyone on here been to The Syndicate in Bristol?

his sets can be hit or miss i think is the thing.......

the 3rd deck setup i know is only used for jingles and accapellas over tracks...

i guess there used when the dancefloor is struggling in a bid to gear the crowd up a bit...but surely thats an issue to do with the music played and the order its played?

do they work in a full dance club environment i.e gatecrasher, godskitchen, arches etc? - no and he will get slated for it as its a commercial thing to do.

does it work in a commercial environment i.e luminar type clubs? - yes, but don't confuse the 2 types of clubs and clubbers

im guessing the idea for the jingles is jules or amandas, becuase iv never heard tristan do them in a set of his which i've heard

on a different note, maybe he's considering a b plan for the gigs drying up or his heart isnt in it anymore?, as taken from another board -

Jules becomes a solicitor:

http://www.matthardwick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38098

http://www.comparelegaljobs.com/ItIsLegal/Could-Judge-Jules-be-your-next-trainee.aspx?dm_i=KGM%2CF0P9%2C2YPUYO%2C17GFZ%2C1