judgement sundays 2011

jaylo

i guess there used when the dancefloor is struggling in a bid to gear the crowd up a bit...but surely thats an issue to do with the music played and the order its played?

do they work in a full dance club environment i.e gatecrasher, godskitchen, arches etc? - no and he will get slated for it as its a commercial thing to do.

does it work in a commercial environment i.e luminar type clubs? - yes, but don't confuse the 2 types of clubs and clubbers

He uses them regardless of how busy or quiet a dancefloor is - he goes in with the intention of using them, and does so over and over again. The dancefloor was packed on both occasions I saw him when he was using them - and then the dancefloor reduced in numbers shortly after he came on.

I agree about the 2 types of clubbers - but for some reason, Jules fails to notice the two types of crowd. The 'proper' clubbers go out for good music without gimmicks and shit bootlegs. The Luminar clubbers go out to drink themselves silly and listen to rubbish. The Luminar clubbers will love the gimmicks because they're 'fun and cheesey' - whereas the Godskitchen and Gatecrasher people are clued up and want good quality music.

Its a shame that Jules fails to recognise this and plays silly gimmicks regardless of the type of venue and clubbers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose as long as someone is enjoying it, it doesn't matter about the people that aren't. :)

he has always IMO bridged the crossover, I think he knows this and is possibly still trying to do this, but the bridge has moved and after over ten years of use why wouldn't it I guess.

He seems to play better when the night revolves around him a little more.

When he's on a packed bill with other big names he's been attrocious of late but (from what I have heard) when he plays smaller venues, which basically have residents on then he headlines, he plays much better.

Possibly because the crowd are there solely for him?

He seems to play better when the night revolves around him a little more.

When he's on a packed bill with other big names he's been attrocious of late but (from what I have heard) when he plays smaller venues, which basically have residents on then he headlines, he plays much better.

Possibly because the crowd are there solely for him?

More than likely - but those are probably people that go to see him because they know the name 'Judge Jules' because he's a household name and therefore "must be good". In reality, these days, the people that are going specifically to see Judge Jules aren't likely to be the same clientelle as those that would be rushing out to see Sander van Doorn or Paul van Dyk at a 'respectable' club.

More than likely - but those are probably people that go to see him because they know the name 'Judge Jules' because he's a household name and therefore "must be good". In reality, these days, the people that are going specifically to see Judge Jules aren't likely to be the same clientelle as those that would be rushing out to see Sander van Doorn or Paul van Dyk at a 'respectable' club.

I agree, and I think that this is why he comes across better.

I have yet to, and I have seen him many times, be as impressed when seeing Jules on an all round strong lineup as when I have seen him in a smaler venue and when he is the focus of the night itself.

The audience types you mention (avergae punters who are not as obsessed with clubbing as we seem to be) are the like that Jules aims for and caters for now. I just wish that the bigger venues would realise this when putting together their lineups

But when I went to Judge Jules vs Dave Pearce he played a wicked night? Albeit a very small venue, I've always preferred him at small venues anyway. A more personal kinda thing. Maybe when the crowd is small and he can see them all he can better judge the crowd reaction?!

Sadly not many small capacity venues can afford him these days.