The Clergy - Saints & Sinners (Saints Mix)

Another Jules / Masterson guise - great tune indeed!

Rather strange was their follow up with 'The Oboe Song' considering that this was quite a techy track and they tended to follow similar sounds with each of their other projects i.e. VPL, Hi-Gate. Green Martian did a fab remix of Oboe though making it a cracker - remember paying £10 for a promo/white copy of that! I remember Jules naming The Oboe Song T&T too - first time think he ever done that with his own records and did say "he had to blow smoke on his face" :)

I started writing a reply here ealier and got distracted but it was going to say the same thing Briggsy. For me I just found the main hook.... the 'oboe' bit quite annoying. I still bought it on vinyl as I tended to buy all the Jules productions for a while as a collector. I actually liked mixing the original mix... it has that same great sound to the beats and intro which made mixing all the Jules/Masterson productions alot of fun but for me where the tune goes after that is my least favourite of their tunes.

The Green Martian Mix didn't do it for me either really... I just don't like that Oboe sound and all that remix does really is change the order of the notes and then apply the standard formula Green Martian sound. Every remix they did just sounded too much like Industry for my liking. Now that was a tune in itself I can not deny but take Logo - 'Don't Panic' for example - it's just so similar to industry.

The Clergy - Saints & Sinners

The good old Jules days! And released on that ridiculously-named and obscure label:

M ------------------------------------------------------> Bargo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: