Global Gathering Line Up

Craig Bradley

http://www.globalgathering.com/2011/line-up

I don't see jules is name on there whys that? theres no hard dance or hardcore either :(

Because nobody wants to hear Tinie Temper bootlegs or "Somebody Scream" jingles at a credible dance event.

He doesn't need to play "Somebody Scream" jingles - his taste in bootlegs makes people do that anyway.

Because nobody wants to hear Tinie Temper bootlegs or "Somebody Scream" jingles at a credible dance event.

He doesn't need to play "Somebody Scream" jingles - his taste in bootlegs makes people do that anyway.

I agree totally with respect to Jules. There is no Armin on the list either, but I notice that Markus Schulz is playing

I agree totally with respect to Jules. There is no Armin on the list either, but I notice that Markus Schulz is playing

Creamfields have the Armin, Paul van Dyk and Tiesto exclusives this year mate - which is a good thing I reckon because its allowed a change of scenery at Global Gathering.

It got a bit boring seeing Armin and PvD every year at Global.

hmm maybe they will add more names, im suprised tiesto isn't there either i think it's just you get used to seeing the same old names everytime maybe they wanted to try something different

hmm maybe they will add more names, im suprised tiesto isn't there either i think it's just you get used to seeing the same old names everytime maybe they wanted to try something different

In recent years alot of the major festivals have become more house/electro orientated I have noticed, wouldnt surprise me if Creamfields/Global move in the same direction in the coming years!

In recent years alot of the major festivals have become more house/electro orientated I have noticed, wouldnt surprise me if Creamfields/Global move in the same direction in the coming years!

i wish that sound would do 1 lol i hate it! it's too slow and boring

i think we are going to see more tunes like this tho soon , dubstep infused with trance * Shudders*

ferry played this at asot500 in miami

Maybe mods could remove my thread on the same subject please?

Tbh I was at last years global I saw Jules' early electro set on the second day, it was good and really warmed me up and got me going again after I felt like I would rather die than dance for another night. I deliberately missed his set in the GK tent later and anyone that did go to that one was complaining about it afterwards so I'm glad I didn't go.

Having said that, I saw Jules Headline the GK tent at the first GG and I actually emailed him after to complain, as he was rubbish that night aswell.

But also you know he's getting on a bit, maybe he does just want more nights off now. I know I do, and he's lucky enough to be able to afford that. :)

Having said that, I saw Jules Headline the GK tent at the first GG and I actually emailed him after to complain, as he was rubbish that night aswell.

To be honest I rarely list to Jules any more, I usually just check the tracklists to see what he playing. His monthly mixes have been absolutely dreadfull the last 2 years, these J+T bootlegs dont help matters either.

I read on other forums that Jules is no longer popular and gets alot of stick. One such incident was when he done a guest mix for Markus Schulz GDJB a few months back, he got slatted on GDJB forum. To be honest I listen to GDJB each week and sometimes either ASOT or TATW.

Dont get me wrong I still love the Jules 1999-2002 era, and we keep the memories alive on this forum,

Very refreshing lineup - may even tempt me to go :o

I doubt Jules would have asked not to play, more like Gods have decided to try something a little different - personally I am all for it.

Markus was always going to play as he is a Global Gathering resident

Very refreshing lineup - may even tempt me to go :o

I doubt Jules would have asked not to play, more like Gods have decided to try something a little different - personally I am all for it.

Markus was always going to play as he is a Global Gathering resident

Markus is playing Creamfields also I think!

That lineup does look kinda good. Finally some up and comings getting big event booking. Would be interested to see Ben Gold and W&W, 2 big favourite producers of mine lately. Never seen either of them DJ.

I agree its time some of the smaller Dj's get an opportunity to play the big events. Also Mat Zo is playing.

Yeah, its nice to see new faces at Global - I don't think that was planned by Gods because they're very narrow-minded with their line-ups - I think it was more a case of it being forced upon them to look for other DJs because Creamfields snapped up the exclusive rights to Armin, Tiesto and PvD - but if it means we get to lose the predictable line-ups of Armin, Pvd and Tiesto at Global each year - then i'm all for Creamfields getting exclusive rights to them every year.

Armin, PvD and Tiesto are all boring these days.

i saw jules last year, when he was playing his electro set at global. wasn't too bad, but it got a bit boring after a while. the less said about the trance tent the better...

it's a big shame really. most people my age (20-25) only know the judge jules of today. they were to young for the likes of his storming gatecrasher sets in 2001. i wish he'd explode back onto the scene like he used to be.

Yeah they are boring these days.

Maybe they should use a few jingles in the mix.

"Screeeeeeeaaam if ya wanna go faster!!!"

or a nice "quack quack oops!"

should jazz their sets up a bit. :)

I really, really despise the jingles that Jules puts over his current live sets. Passionately.