Dave Pearce 'promoted' to Radio 2?

Briggsy

Spotted a few rumours over the past few days that Dave Pearce is going to Radio 2 to present Dance Anthems again on there at his old Radio 1 time.

He's featured on there quite a few times anyway, and filled in during one of the day time slots recently too - and his Radio 6 show has ended, so I think its a strong rumour.

Good move? I reckon it is.

I wonder if Jules will end up there too once he leaves Radio 1? (which I suspect will happen during the next major shake up).

It looks like Radio 2 are going for a "Radio 1 from ten years ago" line-up, so Jules and Pearce would certainly fit in. I think the guy that brought Jules into Radio 1 is now the controller at Radio 2 now anyway? Hmmm.

Would be nice to hear Pearce back on a 'proper' station again :)

Pete Tong was the man who pushed for Radio 1 to sign Jules and Danny Rampling. I see more of a future for Tong on Radio 2 than say Jules...

Jules is a flash in the pan genius - either ridiculously amazing or cringeworthingly awful - not suited or refined for Radio 2 yet methinks. Yet.

Pete Tong was the man who pushed for Radio 1 to sign Jules and Danny Rampling. I see more of a future for Tong on Radio 2 than say Jules...

Jules is a flash in the pan genius - either ridiculously amazing or cringeworthingly awful - not suited or refined for Radio 2 yet methinks. Yet.

Yeah you're probably right actually.

I can still see a return of Dance Anthems on Radio 1 at some point - only with Jules at the helm instead. I think thye've struggled to fill the 'hole' on a Sunday since they ditched that show.

I really can't see Jules surviving on Radio 1 past the next shake-up. He's not respected in clubland any more, and he don't bring any artists through these days because he's too busy filling his show up with amateur remixes and gimmicky bootlegs. I can't think of one artist that he's brought through over the past 3 years - whereas it don't seem that long ago he was pretty much single-handedly responsible for bringing through artists like Fabio Stein, Paul Masterson and Michael Woods.

I think he's only survived this long is because there isn't a natural British "across the board" DJ any more.

Personally I never listened to Dance Anthems with Dave Pearce but I would agree the Radio 2 generally aims for the Radio 1 of yesteryear, always has. We're all be part of the age group they're aiming for ...

Dunno about each days times though or Jules and Tong going there.

I was asked by Radio one once what kind of listeners Jules has, I didn't say mostly middle aged women tho. :) in fact I Didn't say anything at all!

Jules survives as he is a terrific presenter, I think that the BBC is very enamoured with his presenting skills and feels it would be more hassle than it's worth to get someone new up to speed.

Whereas in the old days Kiss was a breeding ground for new presenters the rise of internet radio means that DJs can hit a bigger audience with much less trouble. Armin doesn't have to fly back to Amsterdam to record and present ASOT - he does it from wherever he likes and is probably travelling or sleeping through 99% of the broadcasts anyway.

While I agree that Jules' clubbing credibility has slipped he is still very popular with the masses, through his commercial club gigs and whatnot and will still have a decent listener base - it just won't be hardened clubbers as it once was.

I also think that if it were announced that Jules was being moved on there would be something of an uproar, I never listen to his show anymore but I would still be sad if he was replaced, largely because I know it'd be someone like Kissy SellOut or those two twats Jaymo & Andy who would get his slot.

Trance music isn't relevant commercially anymore - we're lucky we get the small amount of dance music on radio 1 that we get at the moment

Evenings!!

How was the show though?

I used to catch bits of the old Dance Anthems when I was at work, but only snippets as it was on when I was most busy.

I suppose it's just Radio 2 keeping up with it's audience, we all grow out of Radio one and Radio 2 is somewhere to consider.