What Do You Think Is Jules Best DJ Set?

Craig Bradley

Sankeys Soap for me all day. It was actually googling an id off the set that brought me too this place. Just an awesome mix, plenty of techy stuff, proper trance and a great sounding atmosphere. The fact it's still the first set i think of to put on when I'm in the mood for a good reminisce, even though I've had the set since pretty much the week after it came out says it all for me. Timeless.

Sankeys Soap for me all day. It was actually googling an id off the set that brought me too this place. Just an awesome mix, plenty of techy stuff, proper trance and a great sounding atmosphere. The fact it's still the first set i think of to put on when I'm in the mood for a good reminisce, even though I've had the set since pretty much the week after it came out says it all for me. Timeless.

Sorry for posting it twice by the way moderators if you could delete the other post that would be great :) , Damn i missed that one downloading it now looks a awesome tracklist! i really do miss this style of trance and banging music i think everything has gone alot tamer these days with the big influence of electro and house. It just needs a hit tune to come out and everyone will be back on it again haha

What do you think is julesys best set?

Quite simply, every single one of Jules's Radio 1 Friday night shows (both the studio seshes and belting live 2 hour sets), 1997-2001.

If pushed for one, I would say Jules's 1999 set from Sundissential's 3rd birthday - an awesome Essential Mix. Also in the Archives on here :)

Omg I don't think I could choose just one!!!

I remember that Atomics one.

I remember seeing him at The Zapp in Brighton and it was just the most amazing night I'd ever had in my life, remember what the tunes were even tho it was the first time I heard them att. Was so excited all the next day about recording his Saturday show in case he played them.

Was so so awesome. Wish I had a recording of that set. The crowd in there were all as excited as me, so much dancing!!

But from the archives I dunno if I could ever choose...

I remember seeing him at The Zapp in Brighton and it was just the most amazing night I'd ever had in my life, remember what the tunes were even tho it was the first time I heard them att. Was so excited all the next day about recording his Saturday show in case he played them.

Was so so awesome. Wish I had a recording of that set. The crowd in there were all as excited as me, so much dancing!!

I love that - the excitement of seeing if the tunes would appear the next day on the show so they could be ID'd. I remember those days :)

What year was this Brighton one?

1999 on the cusp 2000 I think ;)

it was the first time I heard Rank 1 - Airwave and Darude - Sandstorm and Angelic - It's my turn whilst out. :)

I'd be excited about hearing the tunes again so I could remember the brilliant time out I'd had. Relive it in my head. :)

Yeah he done some bloody amazing sets at The Turnmills.

I have some wonderful memories of that place, one night I saw him, Tall Paul, Armin and Tiesto and Jules totally pwned them all. Brilliant club, brilliant brilliant club!!!

Proof there that Jules really did rule the roost back in the day. I think every DJ has their peak and Jules's was certainly 1999-2001, straddling the millennium. I know that's 10 years ago, but it's true - everyone can see for themselves through the downloads in these Archives. Jules's diversity was evident even during the Trance explosion in 98-99 - he picked up some amazing house tracks even during this saturated period.

Armin was knocking on Tiesto's door for a number of years, since the early 2000s really. His remixes were top notch and his sets quietly brilliant and eventually he got his reward.

I was at the Arches one that you're on about, when some mental bird knocked the speaker on Jules as he was playing Mr Phillips - 7th Day.

Has to be one of the best ones I've been at anyway.

And aye, the atmosphere in the Arches was downright mental that night, I'd forgotten just how good a night we used to have, back in't day.

The best one for me was the Sundissential Essential Mix where he plays The Clergy - Saints & Sinners, Hi-Gate - Pitchin', etc - it was Jules at his best - really long mixes where every tune complimented the other. It flowed perfectly and was a prime example of how a DJ set should be constructed. It was the complete opposite of how Jules is now - its like listening to another DJ.

My other favourite was a Creamfields set (2003?) where he played Syntone - Can't Believe it, Dark Monks - Insane, BK - Revolution and The Clergy - Oboe Song (Green Martian Remix). Again, Jules at his best. The mixing was really smooth and creative. None of the random shite he puts together now.

My other favourite was a Creamfields set (2003?) where he played Syntone - Can't Believe it, Dark Monks - Insane, BK - Revolution and The Clergy - Oboe Song (Green Martian Remix). Again, Jules at his best. The mixing was really smooth and creative. None of the random shite he puts together now.

That was a great set but did you mean the London Mardi Gras 2002?

The tracklist fits your recollections tune wise where as none of those tunes appear on the creamfields tracklists of 2002 or 2003.