What Do You Think Is Jules Best DJ Set?

Craig Bradley

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't choose one, impossible for me.

But Gatecrasher Summer Sound System 2001, the Saturday show. Always recall him dropping Hide U by Kosheen, Playa Sol, Stringer and starting With Precious Heart (Riva Remix)

September 15th 2001. The post 9/11 show, mostly for Iio Rapture remix, Silicone Soul, G Club and Banda Sonora. Most of all the 'Hey Little Girl' track he played. The mood of the nation perfectly reflected, yet coming out of mourning (hence Radio 1 letting Chris Moyles do his last ever Saturday show that very day).

Summer 2006, the Essential Mix he shared with Sander Van Doorn. The very last year Jules was at his peak for me, and trance. I stayed up that night to record the show on my PC via a dab radio plugin. Still have it on an old harddrive, but being as it's an Essential Mix it's not rare. I remember the crowd noise when he dropped Cherry Blossom by Marcell Woods, then mixed into Super8 Get Off. And finished with Team SR 'Leaving London'. Not part of the golden era but up there with the best he's done for me.

Gatecrasher NEC Aoril 2001. David Forbes Questions, reminds me of watching that live on a Friday night on Rapture TV. 12 years old and too young to be there. Airwave's 'Save Me' retains a special place in my heart from that night on.

Essential Selection, Sound City October 1997. Obviously never listened to this live as I was 9 years old at the time. But listening back to it reminds me of a time in my life, and those tracks I recall now were speed garage tracks. Hence why I asked for RIP Groove at a primary school disco, caught the bug early i guess.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the one that standouts for me was his Essential Mix with Digweed at the Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) in April 1998.Digweed was on in the smaller room before the EM was broadcast and he was awesome...they both went on into the main room and smashed it...Diggers being his usual autistic (in a good way) (minimal conversation :) DJ self when it was all about the music and not the notoriety as it is today...looking at the t/l its all the monsters of that great time... I remember being a very messy night...great times!!! :)

https://www.mixcloud.com/BBCEssentialMix/judge-jules-and-john-digweed-live-from-slinky-bournemouth-essential-mix-12041998/