Jules' 'weekly' tour diary

Max Kane

Used to enjoy reading these and they were once pretty regular (at least bi-weekly).

Jules then announced about a year ago that they would be going monthly and now we're lucky to get one every six weeks (at best). I understand he is very busy and that this is a 'bonus' feature but for me this aspect of Jules is what made him a legend - exceptional fan interaction and an openess not often found in other DJs of his calibre/stature.

I liked them too. Such an insight where many DJs didn't bother. If he has less time... what is he doing? Is Jules winding down?

I also enjoy reading them. However as l've got older l've found l have less time, the weeks just fly by which is frightening!! I don't think Jules is winding down, he seems to be as busy as ever, writing is very time consuming, so perhaps that is one of the reasons why he isn't doing them so often.

I also enjoy reading them. However as l've got older l've found l have less time, the weeks just fly by which is frightening!! I don't think Jules is winding down, he seems to be as busy as ever, writing is very time consuming, so perhaps that is one of the reasons why he isn't doing them so often.

I can understand if he is too busy and at least he does update them now & again.

He always used to write them on long haul flights though so I wouldn't imagine he'd have cause to change that routine too much. Maybe he's just tired of dong them? Like Jason said there is only so much you can say about the same old nights & Jules' largely PR based approach (very rarely you hear a negative or even a non-glowing report of a night) doesn't leave you the same kind of leeway for creativity as say Askew's old blogs did

All that goes trough my head reading them is that the man must be in a permanent state of hangover though he never mentions it! Always drinking, never suffering. All mine would be; 'Played three gigs that night, got to bed around six, cowered in the corner of the room weeping to myself the whole next day'. Jules he's off on a six hour flight of sight seeing at ten in the morning or something.

I do enjoy them though, although at times they feel a bit hollow, especially after some here pointed out gigs they were at that he mentions in the diary, where he stunk the place out, and then bangs on about how great a gig it was. Granted he's never going to say ' Well, that was a bit shit', but it makes me wonder whether he's in denial at times, or he just doesn't care.

Haha definitely agree with tha hangover bit, hair of the dog ftw though!

Askew is the only DJ I know who has openly slated nights where he has felt the organisation to be poor - he was also quick to mention if he felt he played a poor set which was so refreshing

There was one I read of Jules's years ago where he went into the heart of France with Amanda and he left his laptop on some French train. It's the only time I've really read where he was genuinely beside himself with worry because he thought he had lost everything that was on it. I think in the end Amanda persuaded him to go to lost property in the end and by a miracle someone had handed it in.

I got bored of reading them to be honest. They always said "the crowd were lovin' it" and at this time of the year, they just waffled on about Judgement Sundays every week.

They went a bit stale :(

I enjoy reading them because he doesn't just talk about the gigs he's playing at, he often gives an insight into the town/country he is playing in which l find interesting.