NOTW, Murdoch's and Tabloids in general

Number2Fan

I only liked our local paper's one, doing local stories from the archives with old pics and stuff.

Saw a double page spread in The Sun this week though, when taxidermi goes wrong. Such funny pictures I took the page out and took it home. I'll see if I can find it online.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole written press are a bunch of arseholes.

Btw, I reckon Piers Morgan was up to no good, have a funny feeling about it, he's keeping remarkably quiet about this all. He was the bastard that printed the fake story about soldiers mistreating muslims.

Newspapers have too much power, can ruin someone's reputation/life in an instant, and can print anything they like and just write a half-arsed apology later, hopefully with what happened to the NOTW, other papers will be looking over their shoulders.

The pictures were fake but the story was true.

The pictures were fake but the story was true.

The end does not justify the means in this case imo

He deserved a hell of a lot more shit than he got - it seems that Cowell and co have a way of mass amnesia when they decide that someone can make them money!

I'm not one to ridicule persons who have made a lot of money in their lives - (good for them! I think us debt-ridden British seem to have grown some sort of irrational jealousy over anyone with money this days, which is stupid) - but I do have a problem with how that money is made. And tabloid newspapers with all their half-truth stories isn't the most honorable way to make a portion of it, in my opinion.

I have a problem with Rupert Murdoch, not because he's rich because he's not a very nice man, also have a problem with David Cameron and it's no coincidence that these two are linked.

I also have a problem with 'people hurding' through mass media. Propaganda!!

How are David Cameron and Rupert Murdoch linked? Cameron hired Andy Coulson as he was a professional in the media industry - it turns out Coulson is probably heavily involved in the hacking scandal and therefore this was a mistake in hindsight, and all this even though he resigned ages ago, so what else?

Tarring Cameron with the same brush as Murdoch has no basis whatsoever and detracts from the real case here - i.e. Murdoch and Brookes and the rest turning a blind eye to News Int employees using illegal means in order to sell more papers.

Please dont start with the anti-Cameron stuff again, all he did was hire Coulson, anyway, I suppose you'd rather have Ed Miliband in power? jesus christ that's a scary thought.

Back on topic, I can't believe that whistleblower's death isnt being treated as suspicious, wtf?

I see a link but at Simcuts request I'll stay off him for now.

I'm just watching the Murdoch's now being questioned.

To me this is not just about phone hacking, it's about control. The phone hacking scandal has just highlighted this fact.

I think the whistleblowers death is something dodgy too, but possibly self inflicted.

Conspiracy theories will definitely abound on this!

There is so much more to this story than meets the eye methinks!

Cameron definitely has very strong ties to News International - not just the Coulson hiring

I feel they masqueraded as a newspaper. People can buy Nuts or Heat magazines for pap and celeb goss, and newspapers should contain actual news.

They sold nearly 3 million copies a week so they were doing something right.

Have to say that the Murdoch's seemed to handle the interrogation very, very well yesterday.

Rupert is beginning to look past his best (well he is 80!) but his son James handled the questionning very well.

They were obviously never going to come out of the hearing looking particularly good but that twat with the shaving foam managed to divert the headlines nicely.

I just think he completely undermined his own cause & managed to deflect negative headlines away from Murdoch's stumbling and pausing and onto his own self-annointed stunt.

Had he not done what he did then journalists would be really scrutinising what was said and the conduct of Murdoch(s). Instead we hear about Murdoch's wife throwing a pretty solid left hook at this nonce

Anyone else bored of hearing about this in the news now? Three weeks of repeatedly waffling the same stories that they've told us time and time again over the past few weeks. Yawwwwwwwn.

And the usual attention-seeking suspect celebrities have all come out to claim they reckon their phones may have been hacked too - Ulrika Johnson, Victoria Beckham & Katie Price :pinkman: Never ones to miss an opportunity of getting a few hours of attention from the media.

It's a huge story so it deserves the coverage.

I accept at 80 he can be slow to answer but the full 10 seconds pause when asked if he saw the incriminating emails regarding the hacking was excrutiating & in no way related to age (imo)

It's a huge story so it deserves the coverage.

Not for 20 minutes a night though, followed by a 2 minute mention of the 3 people that were murdered in hospital by having their drips contaminated.

They only need to tell us the latest developments, rather than saying "News International, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch" or "David Cameron, who employed Mr Coulson" - we know all of that bollocks. They've told us every day for the past 3 weeks.

They could make the 20 minute coverage 10 minutes long instead if they cut out all the repeated waffle - and then fill us in on the news that they're missing out/cutting down on, instead.

Any other time, the three hospital deaths would be major news - whereas at the moment, its a 'nothing' story.

I've seen plenty of coverage on the Stepping Hill hospital too.

I watched the Prime Minister avoid answering the same question at least seven times yesterday.

Did he ever talk with Murdoch or Brooks about the BSkyB takeover bid? (by different MP's)

Someone really should have said 'I'll take that as a yes then' :)

Policitians on both sides have been dancing to the tune of the media for years - it's a bit hypocritical of Milliband to attack the Coalition now. It's everybody else's fault, except Labour apparently... who sat on things for 13 years waiting for someone else to deal with problems Labour created. 13 years! And probably earlier still in the Conservative government before that.

What a mess!

Policitians on both sides have been dancing to the tune of the media for years - it's a bit hypocritical of Milliband to attack the Coalition now. It's everybody else's fault, except Labour apparently... who sat on things for 13 years waiting for someone else to deal with problems Labour created. 13 years! And probably earlier still in the Conservative government before that.

What a mess!

Milliband is an idiot anyway. Can't believe that pleb got in ahead of his brother.

I know, I'm amazed David Milliband didnt get the leadership, Ed Milliband is a repulsive human being, I hate him more than Gordon Brown & Tony Blair, that's an achievement in itself!

All I've seen in this whole thing in the House Of Commons is desperation and short memories from the Labour lot.

Edited by Simcut