Beat Logistix @ The Bank (Rugby) - Friday August 19th

Have been seeing the re-emergence of things on facebook - guess you couldn't stay retired then!

I'm only DJ'ing at the odd event. I didn't play at the last 4 Beat Logistix events, and I don't play for other promotors now. I'm not playing the September event either.

I just play whenever the ears are playing ball now. Not playing every month because they'll start giving me grief again :(

I'm only DJ'ing at the odd event. I didn't play at the last 4 Beat Logistix events, and I don't play for other promotors now. I'm not playing the September event either.

I just play whenever the ears are playing ball now. Not playing every month because they'll start giving me grief again :(

Fair enough - I did notice you were scaling back somewhat

Fair enough - I did notice you were scaling back somewhat

Yeah, i'm not really that bothered these days anyway to be honest - Trance isn't really my thing any more. I've gone right off it :(

I've pretty much handed Beat Logistix over to Stuart - so i'm just helping him out.

• 1 month later...

Not too bad thanks mate. A bit quiet - but we've been asked to go back in around 5 weeks to do another because the manager feels that there is potential if he gives us a Saturday night instead.

I had an mare on the decks though - by far my worst set ever :(

Nice that you've been asked back to set things right then.

Any particular reason why you felt you played badly? I know, from experience, that sometimes you just can't gauge the vibe right

Two reasons I think really. The first reason being that I knew we had to tone the music down at this new venue - but didn't realise just how much until Friday night - so I ended up playing a much slower, uplifting style that wasn't really my cup of tea at all - and I struggled to get into it. Once upon a time, I used to like a bit of everything and i'd play across the board - but these days, it has to be pretty full on to appeal to me. My usual 'full-on bosh' is a definate no-go zone at this new venue.

The 2nd reason was because i've now switched to Traktor - and although i've used it a lot at home now, I got nervous using it in a club for the first time. No real reason why - other than because it was the first time i'd used it in a club and was worried something would go seriously wrong.

I think Friday reminded me of one of the reasons why I quit DJ'ing last year - I just don't feel Trance enough to play it out any more.

Fair enough really then.

New equipment/set-up is always a little off-putting. I remember the first time I had to use an A&H Xone - took me a few mixes to get up and running.

It's always an experience to play outside of what you know - but yeh when it is so far removed from what you loveit can seem like a chore