Jules R1 Creamfields Essential Mix 02/09/11

JasonB

Recorded 28th? August

01. Nero - 'Guilt' (J&T Project Remix)

02. Lee Osbourne - 'Questions' [High Contrast]

03. 4 Strings vs Morgan Page - 'Longest Road To Sundown' (Feat Lissie) (Mark Eteson Remix)

04. Anteo - 'Festivity'

05. Marcel Woods - 'Advanced' (Tiesto Remix)

06. Armin van Buuren - 'Youtopia' (Feat Adam Young)

07. Bart Claessen Vs Hard Fi - 'Hard To Beat The First Flight' (Dru's Mash Up)

08. Swanky Tunes & Hard Rock Sofa - 'Feedback'

09. Steve Angello Vs Kernkraft 400 - 'Rave N Roll The Zombie Nation' (Quintin Bootleg)

10. Marcus Schössow - 'Strings' (JJ Edit)

11. Kryder - 'K2' (The Squatters Remix)

12. Coldplay - T'alk' (Darryl Green Remix)

I saw Jules play at Creamfields last Saturday & his set was 2 hours long in total (this being the second hour). I was hoping R1 would have broadcasted the first hour of his set as it was much better imo. Loads of excellent newer tunes from last week's show, etc... Would have liked to relive that one but hey ho... :whistling:

that unknown - unknown tune is class love it reminds me of the old stuff jules used to play :D wish i knew what it was :(

He's played this tune before, not sure how long ago it was but think it's a tune he has played in the past 6 months, its just so scary how quickly the months whizz by.

One of my fav tunes this summer is Anteo - 'Festivity' . Its a pity he didn't broadcast the first hour of his set as the set above is very similar to the one he did in Ibiza (R1 in Ibiza) which was broadcast on 12.8.11

EDIT

The unknown tune is;

02. Lee Osborne - "Questions" (High Contrast)

Jason please could you update tracklist :thumbsup:

I definately enjoyed the first hour more when I was there - as Chrissie says, I felt the second hour was too similar to his Ibiza mix on R1...

The unknown tune is Lee Osborne - Questions [High Contrast Nu Breed] :thumbsup:

:lol: don't know who found it first, must have been posting at the same time, but at least we now know what the unknown track is. BTW what time did Jules play his set?

• 1 month later...

Slight side note - Prydz set, which was also broadcast, is an absolute belter.

Available, with tracklist, on his soundcloud page now too :)

Highly recommended!

Tom, dug this out after checking out most of these sets from the day and think - by far - this was best for me. Structured, sublime - great tune selection.

On my second listen now... Shame that some of the tracks I really like and want to grab are unknown; one in particular, though,

, can anyone confirm if this is Pryda and provide any more infomation on it - such a sweet tune!

Eddie's set really - unfortunately - sums him up of late for me. Really not digging his new style - dissappointing too since we all knew him from what he was and the style he set for himself. I know times change, but this - for me - is quite a radical one. Another similar view here.

• 2 months later...

If you can, really suggest you check Eric's set out. It's absolutely super, I've listened to it half a dozen times now and it really rocks.

I'm so astounded too since I'm taken back by so many of the tracks which seem so aptly selected, structured and mixed and (I'd say) over 75% of the stuff is Prydz own material.

It's funny as I mention Prydz to folks and they still associate him 'Call on me', which I think is unfortunate but funny too as I'd guess that release was to make a name for himself and become recognized, now it seems all his stuff is so underground It's chance whether he'll release something. An interview I saw with him said he doesn't like recording live for annoyance of 'web rips' and new tracks of his only will be released based on his perception of crowd reactions...

He and Ferry are by far my top two fave all round djs these past few years - both top quality producers with their aliases and guises and set mixing and structures, both sound characters, too.

Slight side note - Prydz set, which was also broadcast, is an absolute belter.

Available, with tracklist, on his soundcloud page now too :)

Highly recommended!

Tom, dug this out after checking out most of these sets from the day and think - by far - this was best for me. Structured, sublime - great tune selection.

On my second listen now... Shame that some of the tracks I really like and want to grab are unknown; one in particular, though,

, can anyone confirm if this is Pryda and provide any more infomation on it - such a sweet tune!

Eddie's set really - unfortunately - sums him up of late for me. Really not digging his new style - dissappointing too since we all knew him from what he was and the style he set for himself. I know times change, but this - for me - is quite a radical one. Another similar view here.