Favourite Albums/Compilations.

milkybarkid

Just going through some old cds, and realised how many I keep going back to despite them being among the first I owned. This was the first mix album I ever bought I think, and I still love it today.

R-150-1750024-1266144044.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/Pete-Tong-Essential-Selection-Summer-1997/release/1750024

So many brilliant tunes, from the trip-hop sort of stuff that was big at the time, to some classic funky stuff (The Knowledge, Until The Day, Solar Mix being a personal fave), through to the thump of Schonenberg. Love it.

R-150-413674-1289910391.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/Prodigy-Music-For-The-Jilted-Generation/release/663722

The first cd I owned. I asked my parents for it, to go with my new hi-fi for xmas. They soon regretted it. I don't, even 17 years (jesus!) later, I love every angry, thumping, bleepy minute.

R-150-261238-1086450098.jpg

http://www.discogs.com/Judge-Jules-Pete-Tong-Clubbers-Guide-To-Ibiza/release/261238

Was a toss up between this and Clubbers Guide To 2000, but this edges it for me, as it first opened my eyes to Jules and made me go 'wow', while 2000 probably has the better tunes.

R-150-149978-1169509612.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/Eminem-The-Slim-Shady-LP/master/12172

This blew my mind. Funny, disgusting, obscene, tragic, angry, manic. So much stuff going on, and opened my mind to a whole other genre and style. Was a revelation for me when it came out.

Yours???

I could go on forever!

Trance wise I still love:

Judge Jules "Clubbed Vol 1"

Clubber's Guide to '99

Armin "ASOT 2004"

PvD "The Politics of Dancing"

Markus Schulz "Miami '05"

Markus Schulz "Coldharbour Selections"

Tiesto "Sunrise 7 Live in Las Vegas"

Ferry Corsten "Trance Nation"

John '00' Fleming "Godskitchen: Journeys"

Plus about a million more!

Non-trance/dance CDs I could literally go on forever

R-150-168643-1240434078.jpeg

for me it has to be Clubbers guide to 2000. It just summed up Jules' sound back then so well. I particularly like the first CD where it was funky and banging. Perfect. When you listen to this, you can really hear how dance has changed over the years. Tracks back then were just simple dancefloor tracks. Now people try to amaze with awesome prodcution techniques. I remember buying this when it came out too. Always takes me back, this CD does.

R-150-77230-001.jpg

followed by Tranceformer 2000. The latter really got me into trance and it was the first time i ever really heard a lot of Picotto tracks, as he mixed one CD. Lange did the other. Again, this was late 1999, and i remember my life at the time i bought this. It had a lot of more underground tunes on it that Jules missed at the time. I think it was the first CD to really open my eyes and show me that commercial tracks are not where its at.

• 4 weeks later...

I think some of my favourite compilations are:

Ibiza Euphoria 1 mixed by matt darey

Chilled Euphoria mixed by red jerry

Trance Nation 2 mixed by system f

A Higher State Of Euphoria mixed by pf project

Gatecrasher red

Clubbers Guide To Summer Ninety Nine

These stand out for being choc full of amazing tunes, and excellent mixing quality. Always go back to these cds when im in the mood for some mixes.

I still play and love :

Clubbers guide to 99 (I'd originally decided not to buy this when I saw M people in the tracklist, but on a trip to Heaven in my friends car, she had this Cd on and it just seemed to get more and more awesome with each tune, so I bought it the next day, played it continuously for the week, and my other friend heard it and said she'd done the same over M people, she bought it on her way home. We went clubbing on Hastings pier a week after and all the tunes from CD 2 were on at some point, and it easily became one of my best nights out ever!!!) :wub:

Tranceformer (the first one)

CD2 Clubbers guide to 2000

Retrospective of House 91-95 (mainly the Seb Fontaine and Tony de Vit CD's)

Bosh! (The free Eddie Halliwell Cd that came with Mixmag)

Gatecrasher Red

My favourite is the clubbers guide to 99 :)

These are all on my iPod even now, such amazing records, with great memories and real 'moving' trance. :wub: