Trisco – Musak (Eddie Halliwell Remix)

Aza

A great track in it's original self - always remember the it's unique, Halliwell has now had a bash at remixing it and bringing it back to us.

Think it's his first attempt at a remix since his solo productions.

What are your thoughts - crazy to see this is actually 127 bpm, I don't think I've ever gone that slow in a set - lol - and certainly never imagined Eddie dishing out at this.

Edited by Aza

Biggest piece of garbage I've ever heard - utterly useless and pointless remix.

The Original, Wonderland Avenue & Lawler mixes were more than enough all those years back.

The only one of the new versions that is even remotely respectable is the Thomas & Wharton remix and even that is unnecessary

I can appreciate that this probably didn't need touching, but having heard Eddie's reasoning - it was a big fave of his personally so he wanted to put his own touch to it.

Can kind of understand the same - as an example, 'Leaving London' does not need touching, but I'd love to have a go remixing it :)

It's fair enough if he wanted to remix it, and presumably Toolroom paid him a handsome fee for doing so, but for the life of me I cannot see what he was going for in his remix

It just trudges along and doesn't really do anything

Not my cup of tea either.

No really feeling Eddie's "new" sound at all - and all of his productions have been rather uninspiring so far too.

As Tom said, this don't really do anything - it just plods along for 6 minutes. I always thought the original was a bit bland anyway really. As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd.

Pretty pointless remix I must agree. What has happened to Eddie?

Not sure really - I mean obviously he dramatically changed tact but I can't see why?

He came in loving the whole Bosh ideals and played as hard as any trance DJ, often dipping into hard house.

I think that the lack of readily available material in that kind of mould must have contributed to his change in sound - the only guys who make harder/faster trance work anymore are folk like Kearney, Askew, JOC, Indicent Noise and all of them heavily utilise their own productions/edits/remixes in their sets - something lazy Eddie could never be arsed to do

What has happened to Eddie?

The same as the majority of other Trance DJs - he's jumped on the "oooh, I have to play slow Trance too to fit in" bandwagon. "Fire it Up" has become "Watered Down".

As Tom said though, there has been a severe lack of "bosh" around since 2008 - however, over the last 6-8 months, there's been some real quality stuff coming through - on both the faster side of Trance and the harder side of Techno - more than enough to keep him going if he wanted to switch back to that style.

When it comes to that sort of music though, there are now DJs that are better at it than him. Indecent Noise is superb at the moment. Kearney is also playing the best he's ever played (although becoming very predictable with the tunes he plays at each gig), Askew is always very consistent - and JOC still hammers it out on occasions, although more often than not, he plays too much floaty, vocal rubbish since hes moved from Discover to Armada.

All of them are better set builders than Eddie. That was always Eddie's weaker side - but his creativity, trickery and scratching made up for it - although he's even cut a lot of that out of his sets now.

He still gives his massive ego a boost on regular occasions though by reducing the volume constantly throughout his sets so that he can hear the crowd chanting his name. Fantastic......