MP3 Editing & Mixing Software Suggestions?

bigsteve

A relative of mine is getting married next year and wants to include a 60min slot of their own music while the band takes a break. They have all the tracks as MP3 (purchased from iTunes) but they need editing to remove intros and outros, and then mxing together. This doesn't need to be beat-matched, just more the sort you would expect to hear at your local townie club.

Can anyone recommend any software that will allow me to do this - that's preferably free!

I've been look around and found http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features Will this do what I'm after - it seems to look the business?

Any advice greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Audacity will do what you're after - although I find Goldwave more user friendly, and also more accurate for 'zooming in' for finer edits.

Goldwave is shareware though - whereas Audacity is free, so if you're only likely to be using it a few times, i'd go for Audacity.

if you're looking for something better, for longer-term use, i'd pay the £25 or so for Goldwave - its superb.

I think Atomix can do auto mixing, I certainly recall using this software over 10years ago when first starting out to learn mixing.

I think virtual dj does the same - although not sure if it's free.

Nero Wave Editor will do music editing, too.