List your Greatest New Years Eve Dj Set?

ilrpete

Honestly I have never been proper clubbing on NY Eve - without sounding a total kill joy I just don't see the point.

The best thing (for me) about clubbing is that the night builds up and progresses through - having the major moment of the night at 12pm just seems like it makes the rest of the night an anticlimax

I'm with Tom i'm afraid. Never been out to a 'proper' club on New Years Eve - for the same reason as Tom said, plus tickets are generally 3x the usual amount, for a 'standard' line-up that I could see any time of the year for a third of the price. Not to mention excessive drinks prices.

I stick to mates parties/local clubs for NYE.

I haven't been out on NYE either, though I have thought about taking a trip to London or Berlin to experience NYE on a larger scale than we can deliver here in the little Kingdom of Denmark :)

I tend to stay with a handful of friends on NYE. Last year I hosted my own NYE dinner party for the first time and this year I'll do the same :oddcake:

• 2 months later...

Without question, my favourite NYE DJ set ever is Jules' live R1 broadcast from Donegal Square going into 2003. I wasn't actually there sadly but I remember leaving a very dull house party that night just so I could return home & catch it live on the radio! It may sound a little sad but I really enjoyed it! :lol:

Jules' midnight countdown is absolutely immense as well - still gives me goosebumps when I listen to it now. Must have been an amazing atmosphere at the time...

I've never been 'proper' clubbing on NYE myself either - usually just do house parties or hit a couple of local bars afterwards. I can never see the point in paying £20-£30 to enter a place which would normally cost around £5 on any other night for example. I always find the night goes a little flat once midnight's been & gone anyway...

I agree, gatecrasher '99 at don valley stadium was mega. The tunes were amazing, my favourite being when judge jules dropped transa-supernova

This, What a track! Shame the sound was rubbish, but thats another matter..

Best 2 NYE sets ive heard by Jules would have to be: his 1998/99 set at Gatecrasher where he dropped some quality tracks. Three tracks that blew the roof off that night included Pulp Victum - The World , Liquid Child - Diving Faces and the best being DJ Sakin - For The Love Of A Princess better known as the Braveheart theme.

The other set was when Godskitchen took over Donnington Park in 2001/02 which again was very good. Big three that i remember were Tilleman Uhrmacher - On The Run , Deep Sonar - No Return and my fav trance track of all time Green Martian - Industry. The only bad thing about that night was it was the first time i sampled a Tiesto live set and i must say he was s..t