Judge Jules to leave Radio 1.

lyndon

as much as i still like tong, and he is always trying to move on with new music. i get the feeling radio 1 are hanging onto him for another year so they won't get the backlash if they got rid of all the house dj's at once.

Tong is a legend - he pretty much brought dance music to Radio 1 and his excellent presenter style and ability to source the best new exclusives, guest mixes, interviews, etc means he is still definitely relevant.

I would hope that he has a job there as long as he wants one - but as with any industry he will be judged on ratings and figures.

It'll be the final nail if/when he leaves

todays the day folks.

sadly i will be working so i won't be listening live, but i'll be setting the sky + up to record it. there's no way i'm missing this. i will be making more of an effort to download his podcasts though, and i will go to see him dj a few times before he packs in.

although many on here agree it's not what it used to be, still sad times.

Definitely sad that it has rolled around and will be his last ever R1 show.

Seems like yesterday I tuned in for the first few times, exposed to some strange music I have never heard before, but instantly liked.

Probably can't listen live but will definitely hit it up on the listen again next week

I'm actually looking forward to the final show. I know it signifies an end, but it was inevitable, and I think it kinda ended for me gradually in the last couple of years, so tonight's show for me will be closure on that. Plus I wanna hear what he plays, and see how this pans out now. I will definitely be seeing him live again soon, so I can judge!

Ha see what I did there! :)

The final night has approached us. I will tune in tonight live on Radio 1 to see what Jules has in store for us, for the last time. From BBC Radio 1 website

"Jordan Suckley is on the phone and Jules goes in the mix with one track from each of his years on Radio 1!"

Just to inform you that Judge Jules Global Warmup is broadcast on RTE Pulse (digital radio) each Tuesday from 7 to 9 pm.

Radio 1 do make me larf! the thing is if they had put a dub step show on 3-4 yrs ago when it first became more popular I could understand ! But puttin a show on a main slot now is a bit stupid coz Dubstep is now on its dwindling out of the lime light and as with speed garage will go back underground ! where as trance and house have kept there position in the dance music rankings and are becoming alot more popular again thanks to Paul Oakenfold and Swedish House Mafia etc etc pushing through again ! Radio 1 has defo got a timing problem !!! There is a new guy starting at radio 1 who plays big room tunes but cant remember his name :-/ . Dont think Julesy will cmpletely give up neither ! Fingers crossed ...

I'd just about turned 14 when I started listening to Jules and buying vinyl, what great times they were , how things have changed.

Listening to the show now and as for the current rubbish 1st hour, I'm actually enjoying it, even the Ellie Goudling remix fitted ok, much better selection of tracks than at othere times, even if most of them are on Armada labels :lol:

Second hour well..... memories of how I walked to school back while it was still a bit dark in the morning n 98 listening to Ayla on my walkman (which I still own, it packed up playing tapes a few weeks back though the radio bit still works fine)(which I'd recorded from vinyl).

As much as I'd loved to have spent my teenage years in the 70's due to my love of Disco, I feel priveliged in a way to have grownup during the Jules era of Radio 1.

• Like 1

This event required me to make a re-appearence here.. been a while since i've spoke to you :pinkman: lot.

A bit of a sad day really... end of an era! Probably my biggest dance music inspiration Julesy was, and as much as he has been in decline for the last 5 years the first 10 were history in the making. I'm a little disappointed not to see R1 making a bit more of a show, instead they seem to have ushered him into the darkness :rubbish:

Would have thought his whole show would have been dedicated to his R1 career.. will be good to see the tracklist and listen back for some amazing memories.

Jules, as always I salute you for your tireless work for the industry, much respect sir :thumbsup:

Bjorn.