Judge Jules to leave Radio 1.

lyndon

Good to see you back for a one off Bjorn!

I've not listened yet - tracklist looks reasonable, but I guess I hoped for a few less obvious classics from the years gone by.

It is a shame that Radio 1 didn't make a bigger deal of the final show, after all they gave Tong a whole night on the station for his 20th anniversary but they couldn't even give Jules an extended show

You shoulda listened blind. It was very touching hearing him mix the tunes in without knowing what he was gonna play. Ayla is my personal fave, introduced to me by Jules, always reminds me of those great times and of him. Kevin and Perry etc.

I also enjoyed the first hour more than many of his recent shows!

Awesome DJ! For so many reasons. Glad to get a mention on his final show. Love him! :)

Good show indeed. Too bad the show wasn't longer... I quite liked some of the newer tunes though. Good to hear 'Acid Impact' and Lynn's shoutout :)

Thank you Jules, for the great many years, fond memories and because you've been my one true inspiration to electronic music. You will not be forgotten, even when you're gone.

Just to inform you that Judge Jules Global Warmup is broadcast on RTE Pulse (digital radio) each Tuesday from 7 to 9 pm.

Can you get this via the internet or can you only listen on a digital radio?

You can listen via RTE Pulse website. You can also listen to a few recent shows throught there online player. See web link below.

http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/pulse/

its really sad isn't it , was an awesome show was listening at work bopping away. i too wish his show was longer i didnt think it did him justice espicially how much he has contributed to dance music and the music industry. I love the spontaneity in early productions will miss his shows so much , your never beating ayla that tune is just on another level simplicity at it's finest yet it is so catchy even today sounded immense.

Just to inform you that Judge Jules Global Warmup is broadcast on RTE Pulse (digital radio) each Tuesday from 7 to 9 pm.

Can you get this via the internet or can you only listen on a digital radio?

You can listen via RTE Pulse website. You can also listen to a few recent shows throught there online player. See web link below.

http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/pulse/

Many thanks :thumbsup:

I wonder will Jules return to the BBC in the future.

I can't imagine him returning to Radio 1 ever again - he's too old, past his best, and his style of music is now "unfashionable" (ie, not Dubstep or another form of crap music that is flavour of the month). However, as he's not retiring from club DJ'ing until another 5 years time, I would imagine we'll get to hear him do at least one Essential mix during that time.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on Radio 2 at some point though - even if only a bit-part role hosting one-off dance shows at Christmas time or special documentary type shows regarding the dance music scene - similar to what Dave Pearce does on Radio 2.

I still find it a bit hard to believe that he wants to be a Solicitor.

I get the impression, from the way Jules has talked about his new job, that he's not going to be a '9 til 5' solicitor like Matt Hardwick retired from DJ'ing to take up. It sounds like Jules' job is going to be more legal advice orientated - advising clubs/bars/entertainment venues on entertainment laws that they'll have to adhere to in order to keep on the right side of the law (licensing laws, venue security staff laws, etc) - rather than representing individuals in court, etc (which I believe is the route Matt Hardwick has gone down).

I would imagine that if Jules was going to be a lawyer representing companies/individuals in court, etc, then he would have had to retire from DJ'ing with immediate effect. I can't imagine that being the kind of role that could be juggled alongside DJ'ing. Can't imagine the courts being too impressed if Jules turned up in court representing someone several hours after he's been DJ'ing in London after half a bottle of Grey Goose vodka. Plus Jules is continuing with Judgement Sundays (certainly this year anyway) and lives out in Ibiza for 3 months of the season - so I doubt he'd be able to commit to that whilst being a "full time" lawyer too.

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped listening about 5 years ago when the pure trance sound was disappearing from Jules

I started listening to ASOT for the underground stuff, but i remember being 15 listening to Jules on a Friday and Saturday night wishing i was clubbing to the quality tunes, esp when lange was remixing gold on every track, thanks jules for getting me hooked on trance and i remember how crazy i went when he was playing in 1998 when i was a young 18 year old at judgement sunday

• 1 month later...

I remember listening to him on the radio when I was back in school. Can't believe it was nearly 15 years ago. He's probably one of the main reasons I have such a passion for dance music these days so thanks for that JJ.

• 3 weeks later...

Top fella indeed. Went to Sankeys in 2001 and had the audacity to ask if we could join him for his second gig at Cream in Liverpool...........he said yes !!

So me and my mate joined him and Pete and bombed down the M62. Then realised a taxi home was a hundred quid he dropped us off at Knutsford services on the M6. Had to explain to my missus what had happened.......she was so jealous !!!

We try and see him as and when but what a true gent (and Pete) and certainly not a big time Charlie. Hope the DJ career has a good few years left yet.

Simon

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...