If Jules does do a farewell Essential Mix...

Max Kane

I was already into the dance scene when I first heard cafe del mar, I played it on my discman walking to work, and thought my ears were having some sort of orgasm, couldn't wait to share my find with my friends, Playing them the breakdown saying listen it just gets better and better. Sadly it brings Dave Pearce to mind as well now... But I reckon it was that tune that put me in a trance direction. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the fact we're having such a discussion on this - retracing all the old favourites.

If he did do one though I would definitely want it to be Jules himself and no-one else that chose the tracklist - you just know he'd surprise us all with tracks that we've all forgotten

I can promise everybody now that by creating this thread we are setting ourselves up to be very disappointed!

I bet your bottom dollar he'll do a normal show with the latest tracks, and sign-off professionally with no big fanfare. That's Jules. It will happen, and we'll be like - "is that it? He could have made more of his last show." You wait, sirs!

I can promise everybody now that by creating this thread we are setting ourselves up to be very disappointed!

I bet your bottom dollar he'll do a normal show with the latest tracks, and sign-off professionally with no big fanfare. That's Jules. It will happen, and we'll be like - "is that it? He could have made more of his last show." You wait, sirs!

I suspect you're right - although I would imagine that the 'low profile exit' will be more down to Radio 1 rather than Jules. Jules would probably love to end by playing some of his career favourites - but probably won't be allowed to because of all this "In New Music We Trust" music policy crap Radio 1 keep trying to ram down our throats.

Bah who cares it's the discussion and the memories that are great. There's no way he could fit all these records into one show anyway, but it's great to think about them. :)

I agree, its not going to happen but its great to have the discussion and think about all those old tunes! :thumbsup:

Bah who cares it's the discussion and the memories that are great. There's no way he could fit all these records into one show anyway, but it's great to think about them. :)

I agree, its not going to happen but its great to have the discussion and think about all those old tunes! :thumbsup:

Totally agree - it's great to go over some of the massive tracks which made him so good

Some great tunes being listed here. The other stumbling block. will be the availability of these tunes to Jules. I'm sure we could. help out;)

I agree. I doubt that Jules would be allowed to play all of those "Jules tunes" over a series of shows - and he'd never be able to play everything that we've suggested here in one show, but the chances of him being granted an Essential Mix (particularly if the rumours are true), I would imagine, are quite strong (I'm fairly sure that Danny Rampling and Fergie were granted 'finales', so it would be unfair for Jules not to have one with his contribution on Radio 1 being much greater that theirs).

This thread might just remind Jules of some of those tunes he'd forgotten about over the years (particularly the less obvious tunes), or give him the opportunity to source them if he no longer has them on vinyl and never converted them to digital format.

I'm sure we all forget tunes that we own - so with Jules's collection being huge in comparison to any of ours, a few reminders might just make him think "wow, I forgot about that. I played it for weeks back in 1999 - I must play that during my Essential Mix"

If he was to do a mix these have got be in there

1/ Ayla - Ayla

2/ Red Light District - Did You hear Me

3/ Dirty Barry - Fire

4/ Dj Nervous - Jack the Groove

5/ R.o.o.s - Instant Moments

6/ The Shrink - Nervous Breakdown

7/ Invisable man - Give a little love

8/ Kriana - The Weekend has landed(yellowstone burgled mix)

9/ Beatbox - Dial M for Mogwai

10/ Lovechild - Liberta (Moonman Remix)

11/ Pulser - Cloudwalking

12/ Mauro Picotto - Iguana (Blank & Jones Remix)

13/ Lost Witness - Happiness happening(Lange remix)

14/GD - Choral Reef

15/ Starparty - I'm In Love(Ferry Corsten remix)

16/Highgate - Caned & Unable

17/ Rank 1 - Airwave

18/ Crazy Malumute - Free To RIde (UBM Fat Tyre mix)

19/ Push - Strange World(2000 remake)

20/ Citazen Caned - The Journey

21/ Tiesto - Leathal Industry

22/ Yves Deruyter - Back To Earth

23/ Dj Elite - That Fuct Camera

24/ Jam x and de leon - Can You Dig it

25/ Tiesto - Traffic

26/ Airscape - Sosei (Johan Gielen Remix)

27/ Azure - Sunset

28/ Space Brothers - Shine (Commie Mix)

29/ Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip

30/ Kristine Blonde - Loveshy (Electric Boutique mix)

31/ Apollo 440 vs Soulsercher - Rejected Ep

32/ Hemstock & Jennings vs Adam White - Reverence

Thats my list of his biggest tracks 98-2004