Do you have any Jules memorabilia?

Briggsy

If so, what?

I have these that once belonged to Jules:

His 12" acetate of Hi-Gate - "Are You The Shephard?" which dates back to when Jules's was 'road testing' tunes for the "Split "Personality album . On the reverse is another tune - which, if my memory serves me correctly, is 'Notre Dame'.

I also have Jules's old one-sided 12" acetate of Dallas Allstars - Helium. This is now stored safely in my shed because it stinks - and its almost worn out too (acetate only lasts for about 30 plays and then its scrap. It also smells quite strongly too).

I also have Jules's old Josh Wink vs Alanis Morrisette - 'Higher State of Irony' (White Label) on 7" acetate that he used around 8 years ago when Radio 1 did the live DJ battles for charity (he also played in on his Saturday show for about 4 weeks). I think Jules was drawn against Fatboy Slim - and he played a set full of self-produced novelty bootlegs for a laugh. This was one of them. As far as i'm aware, Jules only had one copy made. Unfortunately, this is now well and truly knackered and beyond playable and probably not even worth keeping.

I also have another vinyl record that used to belong to Jules. It was filtered through by his filterer, who, I would imagine, due to the record being from 2002, would more than likely have been Simon Patterson - but Jules didn't like it, and rejected it. It was an untitled white label in a plain, white paper sleeve, and produced by Pedro Del Mar and DJ Shah. On the sleeve was a message saying "Dear Jules, here is the latest tune by myself and Roger Shah. There are only 3 copies in the world - and we have given it to you first for a possible exclusive play on your show. We hope you like it. Pedro Del Mar & DJ Shah." Needless to say. The tune was never played by Jules (or any other DJ), was never released, and to this day, probably still remains untitled. It wasn't a bad tune - just very unorthodox in style (lots of weird 8 bars here and 12 bars there, making it almost impossible to mix).

So thats about all. Tell us what you've got :D

I have a 2 CD's of the promo version of split personality accompanied by a note from Jules explaining why it had no sleeve yet, I have a few autographs, I have a handwritten postcard telling me when I could next expect to see him in Brighton, a postcard autographed to my daughter personally, I have a large poster for the Clubbed album also signed, a few flyers, a very large 'Tonight Judge Jules' poster from a club door, a selection of photographs, one of them giant party popper things from The Gallery's birthday with his name on.

Erm... Can't think of anymore off the top of my head.. :)

Briggsy, you should contact Shah about said tune and see what his response is all these years later!

Erm.. I have one of Jule's designed T shirts if that counts (the one of jules on the decks *well big hand on a technics when it should be a cdj) in all crazy psychedelic colurs

Got Jules to sign a few items at a gig I went to with Bjorn off the board a few years ago.

Hi-Gate -D-Tune (Earplugs) 12" signed

Floorgasm - Have a nice day 12" signed

Proven Worldwide - import copy of his CD albumn signed

That's about it really apart from general mix CD's and productions of his

I have a few photos etc. from gigs, but the best piece of memorabilia I have is from a holiday to Ibiza and visiting Judgement Sundays. I bought a vest there and got all the DJ's there to sign it and since had it framed - it now stands above my decks :)

post-10-0-57018900-1324643511_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-84140300-1324643520_thumb.jpg

I have a few photos etc. from gigs, but the best piece of memorabilia I have is from a holiday to Ibiza and visiting Judgement Sundays. I bought a vest there and got all the DJ's there to sign it and since had it framed - it now stands above my decks :)

Who signed it mate? Looks like Jules, Eddie, Piet and Benno from Rank 1 and Des Mitchell?

Someone I was clubbing with a few years ago, had as much of his vinyl signed by as many as he could (he used to take record bags along to clubs with him and his vinyl collection is pretty impressive I have to say). Never was a fan of signing records though. Just big permanent marker squiggles ruin the look of the record for me.

I had a Judgment Sunday poster signed when I met Jules for a signing session at the preclub bar for Judgment in Ibiza, along with Eddie Halliwell's and Sander van Doorn's, I got a picture with Jules and SvD's but that's about it for anything personal from Jules for me. :D