Simon Cowell to launch 'DJ talent' show... Sigh...

milkybarkid

I think it will work way better in America to be honest (and I assume that is where they will target this) as America has seemingly overnight (well nearly) gotten into dance music through acts like Guetta and co taking it to them and making it extraordinarily accessible.

Dance music as a whole has always been very niche over there but the last year or two it's exploded and there is, presumably, a market for telling the wider public what to like in dance music terms, having already done so in pop, rock, hip-hop, etc for many years

Adele was unsigned until she was discovered by her record label. She had a Myspace profile, and used to put all of her songs on there - and her record label liked what they heard and signed her up.

Will Young didn't come from X Factor either ;)

Tom - you're right about Steve Brookstein. He recently played at Costa Coffee or somewhere similar in Birmingham to a whopping crowd of about 30 people. The lack of crowd was blamed on a "mix up with promotion and dates" or something along those lines. I blame it on him being crap :)

He's pop idol I know, but he is good, I like him. ;)

Did you google ;) ?

You should know by now that while Briggsy masquerades as a disgruntled trance fan - he's really just converted to an all out X-Factor pop music fan and invests all his time in researching that :P

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe someone finally just laughed in his face!!! :)

I doubt that - the shit that he peddles makes TV companies millions.

He could propose a search for the nation's next big roadsweeper and ITV would sign it

• 2 weeks later...