01. Blender - 'Trouble Jazz' (Funky Mix) [Our Kids]

02. Unknown - 'Love Can't Turn Around' [white label]

03. Mother - 'All Funked Up!' [bosting]

04. Stereo MC's - 'Creation' [4th & Broadway]

05. Unknown - 'Unknown' [white label]

Please help create a full track list for this set

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Great mix, and surprisingly good quality sound as well for its age ... This was what he was playing when I first started going clubbing in summer 93. The Paradise Club in Islington on Saturdays was one of the premier nights for Hardcore/Breakbeat and (emerging) Jungle scene. I was into Randall (best DJ in that style) and was 16 at the time. My mates girl tried to help me look older by making me have my hair down (I had a rats tail then) and putting shades on me. Naturally I stood out like a sore thumb and was refused entry. At that moment, a gang came by in a car and started waving a gun out the window in protest at the bouncers and everyone ran away, including the bouncers, so I just walked right on in, no problems ... Randall and Fabio were playing, and I was too scared to pop pills then, so was doing bombs of pink champagne, just to keep me standing all night if nothing else. I got a big rush wave and had to go and have a smoke downstairs in what I thought was the chillout room. Loads of good looking girls (with plenty of smokes) and the music was really funky. I asked a girl who was djing and she gave me a funny look along the lines of "don't you know?!" It was Jules, and he played a lot of this stuff and the mash up of chubby chunks - Jungle brothers thats on his JDJ mix. Back then there was no internet so you didn't really know what DJ's looked like, or cared! I saw Jules 2 -3 times a month from then til late 99.