Leeds, May Bank Holiday Weekend...Ideas?

bigsteve

Hi all.

Good to see all the old faces still knocking about on here.

I'm going to be in Leeds for the weekend of 4th-6th May and I'm looking for a decent place to go. I moved away in 2005 and this is my first visit back so I've no idea whats still open.

Ideally a club that plays trance (possibly unrealistic, I know) but something close to it would do. I have no intention of taking my slacks and work shoes, so somewhere that is relaxed and casual, that isn't strict on dress code would be spot on.

If anyone is around and wants to join in the fun, it would be great to meet again.

Thanks for the cake Quadders. Tasted lovely :thumbsup:

Hi Tom, yeah I'm good thanks mate. Hope you're doing well too. Pleased to see your show is still going strong.

Thanks for the info regarding Digital Society, never heard of it before :redface: Shame I'm not down there for 3rd June, but I'll keep an eye on the webpage.

You definitely need to his DS if the dates align next time you're back in Leeds mate - magnificent event!

Had the privilege to DJ for them twice and both times were fantastic gigs.

The guys have really kicked on and hire the O2 for all their nights now, with genuinely huge lineups.

HarderFaster.net should have Leeds listings for the dates you're after :)

If Digital Society isn't on, then there's a good chance that "Forward" is.

Its in the old venue that Digital Society started off in (Stinkys Peephouse) and has a reputation for having a good atmosphere. Its run by Kane Nelson and Phil Metcalfe, and so far, they've had some decent line-ups.

If Digital Society isn't on, then there's a good chance that "Forward" is.

Its in the old venue that Digital Society started off in (Stinkys Peephouse) and has a reputation for having a good atmosphere. Its run by Kane Nelson and Phil Metcalfe, and so far, they've had some decent line-ups.

It's really nice to see you on here again Steve, hope all's well with you :)

It's a small world; I'm a friend of Kane's, l meet him in Ibiza a couple of years ago when he was dj'ing in Bar M and loved what he was playing. I kept in touch with him and his girlfriend (Karen) and went went up to DS in Nov 2009 to see Judge Jules, Simon Patterson, Matt Hardwick Sean Tyas and a few others. Kane was one of the organisers and he also played a short set on the night, the event was held in an old warehouse on a trading estate in Leeds. As Briggsy said Kane is no longer with DS.

Ironically l'm going to be up in Leeds on June 3rd as Kane and Karen are getting married in the Bahamas's in May (they won a competition) and are going to have "a bit of a do" on their return at a venue in Leeds so l doubt that "Forward" will be holding an event that weekend. Unfortunately it is the bank holiday weekend so it will be a nightmare on the trains!

Hope you have a great time Steve B)

Ironically l'm going to be up in Leeds on June 3rd as Kane and Karen are getting married in the Bahamas's in May (they won a competition) and are going to have "a bit of a do" on their return at a venue in Leeds so l doubt that "Forward" will be holding an event that weekend. Unfortunately it is the bank holiday weekend so it will be a nightmare on the trains!

I guess he hassled you for weeks to vote for him too then :P

He is a top lad - I've known him for a fair years too - although he seems to have cut down on the DJing/production a little over the past couple of years, which is a shame as he is a super DJ

Thanks for all the responses and wishes. There's still a few weeks til I head south so hopefully an event will surface.

I have done Basics a few times, right from my old stoodent days when it was at The Music Factory and latterly when it moved to Rehab. As you say, Tom, its not trance but its better than commercial nonsense.

Trains are booked for the weekend already Chrissie. Less than £40 return :thumbsup: