Like It's 1999!

FuzzY-LogiC

i may have one friend who would go, i got him into dance music around 2002. he used to record judge jules and bring the tape into school to listen to all week. but money depends at the time i suppose, everyone seems broke.

i'm from wolverhampton, well just outside of it actually.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardwick did play a classics set at his "final ever gig" at Off The Rails in 2011.

He played for five hours (which OTR claim is recorded but it has never surfaced) and the tracklist was magnificent!

Yeah he did that set, which i purposely didn't mention because it was a fairly special set featuring his old favourites to mark the end of his career rather than a typical classics set.

Shame the mix never surfaced because the tracklisting looked excellent. Not really believing the comments about needing approval from Matts agent.

Ashamed to say I'm not attending (horrendous when you consider the venue is 5 mins from where I live :pinkman: ). My mate was bouncing off the ceiling about going until he realised what date it fell on..

I had already bought tickets to Warehouse Project in Manc to see 'Dice, Jones & Maya with around 10 of my mates so its a no go for me.

Tim - sorry for not replying, was one of those, i'll reply later and totally forgot :rubbish: sorry buddy.

Will be an emotional night for sure for Jules i'd imagine. Not sure what the venues like as i've not been to it yet. Imagine if 'Crasher was still standing, now that would have been Like It's 1999 :oddcake:

"Scott Bond :excl:

It is with great pleasure to announce my attendance as the special guest DJ at "Like it’s 1999".

1999 was a memorable time for me, many a trance DJ and for the genre as a whole. I still get goose bumps when I hear tunes from back then and have been reviewing a lot of quality material in preparation. I am really looking forward to making a return to SHEFFIELD the city of steel.

My set will consist of carefully crafted tunage so as to recapture the essence of that era. Best of all, they will all be specifically targetted from the year 1999 to keep in with the spirit of the night!! There will be no need to listen to old mix cds or radio broadcasts in order to recollect or get a feel of what it was like back then, just simply come along and join me as I take you on a journey in to Trance ."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :oddcake: :oddcake:

A good night this! I will do a full report tomorrow but from what we remember, Jules's tracklisting was as follows (thanks to @thirddrive for the live TL!):

01. Fridge - 'Angel' (Trance Mix) [Go For It!]

02. Kristine Blond - 'Loveshy' (Electrique Boutique Remix) [Relentless Records]

03. Matt Darey pres. Marcella Woods - 'Beautiful' (Original Mix) [incentive]

04. X-Cabs - 'Neuro 99' (99 Mix) [Hook Recordings]

05. Ayla - 'Ayla' (DJ Taucher Mix) [Positiva]

06. Members Of Mayday - '10 In 01' (Original Mix) [Deviant Records]

07. Angelic - 'Can't Keep Me Silent' (Original Mix) [serious Records]

08. Hi-Gate - 'Caned & Unable' (Original Mix) [incentive]

09. Art of Trance - 'Madagascar' (Ferry Corsten Remix) [Platipus]

10. Three 'N One pres. Johnny Shaker - 'Pearl River' (Original Mix) [Low Sense]

11. Alena - 'Turn It Around' (The Space Brothers Rethink) [Wonderboy]

12. Darude - 'Sandstorm' (Original Mix) [Neo Records Ltd.]

13. Rank 1 - 'Airwave' (Rank 1 vs. Dutch Force Mix) [Manifesto]

14. Fragma - 'Toca's Miracle' (Club Mix) [Positiva]

15. York - 'The Awakening' (Quake Remix) [Manifesto]

15. Megamind - 'Taub' (Picotto Remix) [bXR UK]

16. Red Light District - 'Did You Hear Me?' (Phase II Mix) [Additive]

17. The Thrillseekers - 'Synaesthesia' (En-Motion Mix) [Neo Records Ltd.]

18. Southside Spinners - 'Luvstruck' (Original Version) [AM:PM]

19. Ariel - 'A9' (Original Mix) [Essential Recordings]

Now just need to ascertain if it was recorded... rest assured if it is, we'll put it up here :)