Computer help?

Number2Fan

I have some music on my laptop, I need to take some 15 tracks from Winamp, zip it into one file and send it to another computer.

I'm so at a loss, I don't have a clue where to start.

Help please? :)

This is not a pirating exercise btw, I need to have them on my friends computer for my own use.

have you got winrar? i always use this when i want to zip up some files, you must have the files located somewhere on the pc, install winrar then highlight the 15 tracks you want to add to zip then right click and add to archive , name your archive then send the files to yourself via email then you should have them i use yousendit :) just send the link to your email for them and download then erase the link yousendit you may need to setup an account though in yousendit

Only just spotted this thread otherwise I'd have helped you sooner.

For future reference, if you want to send multiple files within a ZIP file, do the following:

1. Right click on your desktop, scroll down to 'new', and then across to 'Compressed (ZIP) folder'.

2. The new, empty, zip folder will now appear on your desktop. Double-click on it, and then it will open up an empty window.

3. Drag all the files you want to add to the ZIP file into the empty window.

4. Once you've finished transferring the files into the ZIP folder, close the window - then re-open it again (by double-clicking the ZIP folder) just to check that the files have all added successfully.

5. You now have one zip file with all of your files in - you can then upload it, email it, or do as you please with it.

:D

Good little guide there Briggsy!

I tend to rely quite heavily on my favorite 3rd party tools like Winrar or 7-Zip that I sometimes forget that there is a perfectly working solution built into the OS.

I might not personally like that tool very much, but It's usually easier to work with for non-geeks ;-)