Aza Presents: Mat Zo Tribute Mix

Aza

For some time now I've been an admirer of Mat Zo's productions. I find his trance sound and style most unique and for want of a better word, beautiful.

About a year ago I posted a thread here of my amazement with some his tunes and talent, especially at such an age. Anyhow, since that time I've always wanted to showcase a tribute mix utilising his tracks; I've done this with other artists who've had a major influence on my musical interests as a DJ for example, Marco V, Darren Tate, Cosmic Gate and Steve Murano.

I compiled a spectrum of my fave Mat Zo tracks and structured them in to a mix - not necessarily in order of preference, but in a way that works best for me as a typical set.

For those who aren't too familiar with Mat, but love trance, I insist you check this out as it was a real pleasure and joy to mix; the tracks feel expertly crafted and beautifully constructued - easy to mix - and of course his sounds of piano and synth always resonate with me. For the rest, the tracklist should hopefully speak and offer an easy incline to check out :)

Aza Presents Mat Zo Tribute Mix

1. Mat Zo & Arty - Mozart (Original Mix)

2. Mat Zo & Tyler Michaud - Battle Royal (Original Mix)

3. Mat Zo - Frequency Flyer (Original Mix)

4. Judge Jules - City Nights (Mat Zo Remix)

5. Matan Zohar - Swan

6. Lange Feat. Emma Hewitt - Live Forever (Mat Zo Remix)

7. Olive - You're Not Alone (Mat Zo Remix)

8. Matan Zohar - First Glance

9. Mat Zo - The Truth Is Beautiful

10. Matan Zohar - Our Self

11. Mat Zo - Default (Original Mix)

12. Mat Zo - The Fractal Universe

13. Tiesto - Driving To Heaven (Mat Zo Remix)

14. Mat Zo - Superman (Original Mix)

15. Mat Zo - 24 Hours (Original Mix)

16. Mat Zo - Lucky Strike

17. Signalrunners - Recoil (Mat Zo Remix)

18. Mat Zo - Nuclear Fusion (Original Mix)

19. Mat Zo - Rush (Original Mix)

20. Mat Zo - Volcano (Original Mix)

21. Mat Zo - Subaquatic Dream (Original Mix)

22. Mat Zo - Millenia

23. Mat Zo - Back In Time

24. Mat Zo - Near The End

25. U2 - Beautiful Day (Mat Zo Remix)

26. Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound (Original Mix)

File size: 196 MiB | Duration: 138Mins | Bit rate mode: Variable 128-320Kbps (Overall bit rate: 197 Kbps)

Download MP3 (Right Click & Save-As)

As always, it's appreciated if you check my mixes out and more importantly to me, feedback most welcome :)

Edited by Aza

Used to really rate Mat so the early stuff featured here still appeals, although I think he lost his mojo a few years back.

Not sure if you couldn't fit it in or deliberately left it out mate but Soliquid "Music Is For Rich People" (Mat Zo Remix) would be right up there in my favourites from him

• 1 month later...

Apologies I haven't been able to get back to you all on this.

Thanks for all your responses and I appreciate you checking it out :)

Used to really rate Mat so the early stuff featured here still appeals, although I think he lost his mojo a few years back.

Not sure if you couldn't fit it in or deliberately left it out mate but Soliquid "Music Is For Rich People" (Mat Zo Remix) would be right up there in my favourites from him

Personally I'm not too fussed on this track and chose to leave it out...

For me 26 tracks represents both good and bad, I'm with Tom his earlier stuff was proper stonking, Price Of Oil is one of my faves.

...following on a bit from my response to Tom, 26 tracks was my idea of an approximate 2hr set, which I thought woudl do Zo justice. I did think of a CD1 and CD2 approach and may have been able to squeeze in a few more tunes, but just went for a full one off set :)

2 notable tracks omitted in my opinion are:

Activa Presents Solar Movement - Eclipse (Mat Zo Remix)

Mike Foyle & Mat Zo - Simple Things

Left these out as I wanted to try stay to Zo's original artist tracks as possible - utilising say only a handful of remixes and I chose one's that really 'do it' for me.

I will give this a listen as I am unfamiliar with many of the tracks in the mix.

I've downloaded this mix but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, sorry :(

Thank you, again, both! Have you had chance to check it out - any thoughts?

Definitely worth downloading this sirs!

Sir Aza I've said it before but your mixing is very tight

Quadrant, as always, genuinely appreciate the most noble words! I shall continue in - hopefully - serving future mixes for your listening and entertainment!