Track id from '99 please

drtim

Hello all,

I have just discovered this forum - fantastic!

I have been looking for years for a tune that I heard Jules play in a club in April 1999. The only other time I have heard it was on Dave Pearce's (sorry!!) Millennium Eve mix in Scotland - though a different mix of the tune.

I have searched all of Jules' Radio 1 tracklists from around that time and id'd as many as possible on Youtube. I have even e-mailed Jules personally but he couldn't remember!

The track is tough trance, is has a massive breakdown and then the build-up sounds very like the strings from Enya's 'Sail Away' and there are some tympani drums - b-boom ... b-boom etc (to save time it's not Nightmare or Synth & Strings!!)

If this rings a bell for anyone I would be very grateful!

Cheers,

Tim.

Ah it was the bloody Lange Mix that I heard and have loved to this day! Looks like I will have to make do with the original mix. They just don't make records like this anymore imo (old git)!!

YES! That would be brilliant - thanks!

I have just noticed that on the Clubber's Guide To ... '99 album it says it's on Serious records - but never actually got released by them?

Tim.

drtim yeah, looked like they got the Lange Remix done but couldnt clear the rights to the recreated enya sample , Les Hemstock recreated it himself and released the original on his own label, but obviously a full proper commercial release on cd and such Warner or maybe even Enya annoyingly said no.

So many quality bootleg remixes and samplings have never seen proper release because for example Barry White said no, so the crappy spoonface revocalled version comes out and goes number one, ole Barry see pound signs so lets Funkstar De Lux remix let the music play which gets to number 60 something, oppourtunity missed, and thus the original version which Jules and Tong both (among others) had and may still have copies of remain much sought after and rare as hens teeth.

Yes i agree. Though this seems particularly hard to track down. Not even on white label, only acetate?!!

It would have been a massive commercial success I would have thought (particularly with a vocal over the top).

Hopefully I will get an MP3 copy of it from Neuro & Simcut. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

TomBailey: It's rather odd, I had a listen to this album yesterday and 'Ascension' is mixed in and then out of, as you say, in under a minute and way before the breakdown! This must be because of clearance issues? No wonder I was having trouble tracking this record down!!

• 2 months later...

yeh this is the acetate AYE picked up lol ;) had thrillseekers on the flip side, some find!! part of colin tevendales clearance at the now defunct 23rd precinct records!

Yeh tim, wouldnt mind a copy of this too mate! i did get a copy on mp3 but thats on an old pc, tho am sure i burned onto cdr somewhere, ill need to check!

• 2 weeks later...