Classic Tunes You Just Don't Like.

milkybarkid

Okay, here's one I'd say many of us will have a good few of. Can be any time, any genre (mainly dance I'd say though). Tunes that are generally accepted as up there with the best, that you just never liked for some unknown reason, or just didn't want to admit to save arguing.

A few of mine.

I was given this on a promo before it came out, was told it was going to be the biggest tune, and heralded a new sound, and I just never liked it. Too 'sweet' or something for me. Still don't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4LLp1yCj7E

This one, I don't hate per-say, I just don't think it's worthy of the pedestal it's put on. I remember at the time, even favouring 'Words' over this when playing out (think it was part of a double vinyl or something).

And (I know this might be sacrilege for a few on here)....

I dunno, I just always found it too 'saccharine'. Reminded me of a lot of John 00 Fleming productions, which I always thought lacked a bit of 'oomph' or something.

Anyway, just a few off the top of my head. Not looking to start a big debate over whether the tunes are good or not, just ones you yourself never liked for some reason. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation (or whatever it was called!) was one that I couldn't stand at the time & still can't bring myself to listen to now. What made it worse was that everyone in school at the time was raving about it like it was the best song ever! I remember saying to a few that there was so much better music out there... I was a bit of a musical snob even back then! :lol:

I cold have guessed half of your choices Briggs!

"On a Metroplis Day" is one of the worst inflictions of shit onto an unsuspecting public ever!

For me this is one of the worst tracks ever made:

Probably thousands more but that was always my main gripe, especially as I loved everything Marco had made up until that point

Lol at Briggsy's! :D

Marc et Claude - Loving you

I hate the original Millie song and I hate that dance one too, and just thinking about it to write it here, it's stuck in my head for the day. Grrrrrrr!

Other than that, which I detest, most other records still mean something to me, either reminding me of a place, a time or a person and I'd find it hard to say I hated them.

I often wonder why people love skydive so much though, you know, when they talk about goosebumps etc, for me it's pretty nonchalante. :)

But I do really like PPK - Resurrection

Totally agree with Marco V - Red, Blue, Purple. Terrible!!

My one is this:

Mauro Picotto - Lizard

aka. "It's comin to GET YA!!!!!!!" -----> (no it isn't! F*** off!!)

Reminds me of chavs in liverpool going mental thinking this is the best thing since sliced bread.

[media=]

[/media]

I weren't that bothered by Lizard, however it does now remind me of Kevin and Perry in the sea, whenever I hear it. :)

I'll tell you what I don't like much, planet perfecto - bullet in a gun (possibly wrong title or artist, but you'll know what I mean)

That oozes wank!

Like This Like That main/lead riff is a copy of Blue Fear!, and The Launch ripped off The Don - Horn Song

that aside, I never liked Detroit Grand Pubas - Sandwiches.

I never twigged that!

Another one that I never knew was Westbam, Wizards of the Sonic samples Sonic The Hedgehog.

haha I think mine have been made fairly public over the years, hence their predictability.

As The Rush Comes and Sky Falls down are absolutely awful. Cheesy pop-trance. Never understood why they were so big.

I quite liked Red,Blue, Purple - it was simple and catchy. Then I heard Jules play it - with his attempted trademark "scratching", and he got the CDJ loop stuck on the outro for about a minute and a half - and since then, i've been left mentally scarred by it.