Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me (Ferry Corsten Remix)

Quadrant

Not sure what to say about this. Terrible :wall:

MixMag states that after receiving "a strong and largely uncomplimentary reaction from his following", Corsten defended his decision with the following reply:

"Hey guys, as a response to some extremely ridiculous reactions to me doing a remix for Justin Bieber, I just want to say this. The request for this remix came in and I found it quite a challenge to make a dance radio remix for such a young and talented artist. And YES, if you can play three instruments and you can sing, I call you talented!

I just had fun producing this, please don’t cry over it, I create EDM!"

Here it is. I can't see anybody on here rushing to put it in their next mix!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSb-9LyPrsk

This is an absolutely terrible track & not just because it features Bieber, but because it's also yet another attempt to cash in on the big SHM style sound which has blown up commercially (or 'progressive house' as Beatport calls it!).

I think it's also fair to say that Ferry earns more than enough to get by from day to day so it's not as if he needs the money off the back of this remix? :huh:

In a nutshell, give me his remixes from the 1999 era or his Right Of Way album any day of the week...

At first I read "I created EDM" to which I was gobsmacked by each word.

I did play the tune on YT last week after I heard about it, got about a minute in, decided it was a catchy pop record that I thought was by Enrique Iglésias, I really don't give two hoots anymore about much of these "EDM" shenanigans tbh.

If Beiber asked me to remix his tune, I'd probably do it. Todd Terry, Rollo, and many more have remixed pop artists before, sometimes it works, sometimes a cheesy pop fan gets into dance music thru it, and vice versa. Still better than Deadmau5 latest track, which I assumed was Jedward when I first heard it being played. :)

(prog house?? Erm..... No)

I've not read the criticism but I will start my own here with my honest opinion, which is exactly that, he has tried to cash in on the "sound" of the moment rather than stay true to his roots. That really annoys me, and the reason it has received such negative reaction is we and everybody worth his salt already knows that Ferry is THE pioneer of Trance, personally responsible for a lot of THAT special era in 1999... and this remix unfortunately will not be the gateway we hoped it might be to tempt the average young Justin Bieber listener to delve deeper into his musical consciousness and experience just for once - shall we say - the 'less commerical' side of dance music for a change.

I wouldn't say I'm stuck in the past, although I admit love Ferry's mastermixes and tracks/remixes from the past, but how can you even like this stuff? How?

It's so frustrating for a dance music lover, (or "EDM" as the Americans call it :rolleyes: ), so frustrating...

• Like 1

Zero surprise at a) the fact that Ferry has accepted the chance to remix Bieber and b ) the fact it's terrible.

Unfortunately apathy has taken over when it comes to this kind of thing, I accept that virtually all trance producers/DJs (certainly all the big ones) are taking this route and site it as a primary reason as to why I do not listen to any trance music (bar the odd classic set/comp) any longer

My god.

How can it be the same person who's remixed this, who mixed together that that Trance Energy mix from 2000 in the audio archive thread? I mean what the hell? Could you imagine Ferry Corsten remixing a Samantha Mumba track 12 years ago?

This whole Swedish House Mafia thing that took off about 2008 onwards has spread like bird flu, in the trance section on beatport theres a 128bpm track that would sound like something they would play. 128bpm... Trance!? Seriously!?

Didn't she ruin a good Riva track that started out as a dub?

She sang on the release version of "Stringer" (still one of the best tunes ever it has to be said in dub form). But I didn't mind that so much.

Having a cheesy vocal slapped on a tune is fine as long as the dub is still available and it happened loads during the late 90's/early 00's.

Prydz has done it with a few of his tracks and it hasn't lessened the appeal - he's always very clever though and puts them out on Pryda for a few weeks to appease his loyal underground followers and then sticks a vocal over the top and signs it to MOS for general release to get the $$$$

My copy of Stringer has the dub and Tall Paul Remix on there, as well as the extended Vocal. I liked the fact that they were on there too, and I always chose to play the dub. Didn't actually mind the picture of Dannii on the front for artwork though :mrgreen:

Yeah basically to get radio one to play dance music other than Jules or Tong, it had to have a vocal on it, so vocals got slapped on. To get AirPlay and sell records and make money.

That's not for the love of music is it. Every tune that had this happen to it, imo sounds shit after.

Diving faces and Gouryella even sound a bit pants coz of the talky bit.

I dunno what my point is...

Oh yeah what about when Rollo remixed that shitty simply red track? Lol

:)

Hey look over there! *runs away whilst your back's turned

I remember being in a record store, and one of my mates handing me a new Moby record and saying 'There's a Ferry Corsten remix on that, he's everywhere now. It's getting a bit much at this stage, he's just chasing the bucks remixing anything. The arse is gonna fall out of the trance scene once this starts'. He wasn't far wrong, to be honest.

Rollos Mix of Fairground was and still is good :P

Vocals sell dance tracks, that's why every big house track has had in many cases crappy vocal slapped on it perfect example Lee-Cabrera - Shake It, superb as a instrumental, crap with vocals.

Gone are the days of Billie Piper being remixed by Tin Tin Out and all the big dance DJs playing it!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok what to say about that

i meat ferry in september 2013 in the eden vip room upstairs the eden and i told him how south a great fan i am still now after 10 jears for system f tunes and gouryella tunes and he told me in next time he's not planning to do somefing now on this names he sayed he will stay at his own name ferry corsten and produce what ever he want's he looses mutch fans from the past but makes new fans with his work now so i think he wants to told me he changed the stile thats the only think i was thinking about what he told me that night and the last what he sayed was if the people dont likes his new one with bieber he don't care...and now i know what he wanted to told me in september the last jear but my option is i really miss sytem f and the real tiesto ..

gone but not forgotten... :boohoo:

sorry for my english without , and . :mrgreen:

This is pretty rubbish though tbh, there have been some killer remixes of pop stuff though, these are my faves:

Billie - Girlfriend (Tin Tin Out)

Vengaboys - Kiss (Airscape)

Anggun - Snow On The Sahara (Trouser Enthusiasts)

Madonna - What It Feels Like For A Girl (Above & Beyond)

Geri Halliwell - Bag It Up (Yomanda)

All of the above are examples of how pop remixes should be done. Turn a pop track into a complete stormer!