D.A.V.E The Drummer

drtim

Hi all,

Jules played a record back in 2000 (specifically 15.12.00 Live from Code in Birmingham) that went "Mis-fit, haha" over & over.

In the track list archives it says that this was D.A.V.E The Drummer - 'One Last One'.

I've looked up this tune and it ain't it!

Any ideas what the correct id is?

Cheers,

Tim.

Think I know the tune you are on about mate, would love to know the name of it myself.

Edit, Discogs seems to think it's Hydraulix 6, going by this review.

"Burn out.......misfit........"

Surely one of the best hydraulix records ever.

The first third of the track is very minimal with the vocal very clear-ideal for dropping it into the last tune.......music for the munted generation!

This is it, isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFS6Qldth0A

Jules played some proper balls-out techno too, didn't he? Something he never gets credited for. Even his (old anyway) mix cds always had a techy element to them.

He did yeah - I think a lot of the techno DJs of the time were really snobby toward Jules though and that's why he didn't get much cred.

Remember when Dave Clarke specifically asked him to stop playing his tracks? Only for Jules to hammer them solidly as a big f*** you :lol:

Ha! Never heard the Dave Clarke story, good on Jules! He used to hammer loads of his stuff too, and it never seemed out of place. That's a skill in itself.

Shit like that does my head in though; snobbery like that. Pretty petty. If you don't want people playing your tunes, quit producing.

Thinking on it, Jules must've got sent some amount of promos at that stage. He played funky, filtered house, trance, techno, even hard house stuff. The sheer volume of stuff must've been staggering every week.

Can't believe Dave Clarke is like that, what a prick. Jules gave big support to his remix of 'Soul Heaven' and was still playing some of his stuff with Arthur Baker on some of my 2004 shows I recorded. What exactly was his problem?

Jules hammered 'Before I was rudely interrupted' of his as well, round the time of the Uni tours, (which I HATED at the time), but have grown to really like since.

Dave is notoriously grumpy, seen him take the huff at gigs and stuff, and he's given many bitchy interviews. He can be brilliant when he wants though, I do enjoy a lot of his stuff. He detested the trance explosion and was horrified that his music was in the middle of some of the the biggest trance sets going. Suppose it was a face saving exercise.

Yeah he hated being involved in any capacity with trance sets and DJs, although there were exceptions to this!

I think he just derided Jules as cheesy and wanted nothing to do with him - probably a personal thing as much as anything else.

Saw Dave Clarke play at Benicassim and he was amazing, technically the guy is fantastic

• 6 months later...

Quite ironic. I got into Dave Clarke and techno via Jules and remember this spat at the time. DC's now my fovourite DJ. :thumbsup:

If you like proper techno and electro, I highly recommend his White Noise Radio show.

Definitely love White Noise - such variety and always so well mixed