Jules drops from DJ Mag Top 100

Max Kane

He's in at #132 this year

Hopefully it'll be a wake up call and he'll realise that the current brand of music he is pushing just isn't working - it may yet save him!

However I fear it is equally likely to push him further down the commercial route in the dilluded belief that commercial pap is what punters want and that it may elevate him once again - I sincerely hope not!

I think what this does show however is that it is a terminal decline and Jules is coming toward the end of a, mostly, glittering career

Thing is, I think he's got ready-made scapegoats this year; he didn't do near half as much spamming and twitter badgering for votes as last year. He's also off radio1 and scaling down the dj'ing a bit. There you go, mystery solved.

This is will inevitably be Jules's reasoning behind his fall outside the top 100. He'll refuse to accept that its his music, dodgy looping/scratching and shit jingles at respectable brands (he was playing these at a Gatecrasher classics night ffs!) - and blame it on no longer being on Radio 1.

Its frustrating that Jules just fails to see (or chooses to ignore) where things are going wrong. Its like when a number of us on here have commented on a bad club set that has resulted in a half empty dance floor - and then Jules has responsed with "the crowd were well up for it" - even when we know that they certainly weren't.

I really do wish he'd hang up the headphones now. He's becoming a laughing stock within the scene - and those of us that remembered his once legendary club sets are quickly having those good memories being replaced with bad ones where his sets ruined a night.

I predicated a few years ago that Jules would be outside the top 100 within three years due to the direction he was taking - and voila! Here we are. Even if he had still been on Radio 1, I still think he'd be outside the top 100.