one more...

breadbin

i recently bought the book; Brandon Block,The life and lines, (his biography) ftom amazon. about a week later i recieved an email from amazon with suggestions of other thing that people have bought with this book. one of the items was a dvd called One More. i had never heard of this before but bought the blu-ray for £9. when i watched it, i was anazed. its a documentry about the the haydays of brittish clubbing at its peak between 1988-2008. its narated by brandon block and has several features of individual clubs like gatecrasher, golden, progress, turnmills etc. it is also full of interviews from superstar djs from that era, jules included. has anybody else got or seen it and does anyone else think they should do a second one with the clubs and djs that wernt on this one? eg slinky, cream. its two hours long and very insightful into the boom and bust of dance music!

it says a lot about the trance boom. it says how it got bigger and bigger and then explains what happened in its down fall in 2000-2001. its a bloody good insight into clubland at the time. i still think that there is scope to do another one with clubs and djs that were left out of the first one. i would love to see slinky's or passion's story, along with dj's like seb fontain, alex p etc.

I bought Brandon's book a couple of months ago, haven't seen the recommendation for that dvd though - will have to check it out!!

What do you think of 'The Life & Lines ...'? Brandon was a NUTCASE!!

i didnt realise he was that much of a caner! you can see how going from partying hard to being a full on addict occured. and as for his apperence at the brits, that was pure rock and roll. ive watched it on you tube a couple of times, it is pure classic.

it says a lot about the trance boom. it says how it got bigger and bigger and then explains what happened in its down fall in 2000-2001.

I always imagined that downfall was around 2003-4 way? Trance still seemed the main player or close in the dance music scene in the early 2000's as far as I could see at the time.

Enjoying watching this right now :)

Thanks for sharing the find.

Even though I was there in those early years, it's a great and interesting reminder of the way it was, and how it's changed. With, so far, a great and accurate soundtrack.

I'm loving the last track played info :)

It most definitely ain't like it used to be :)