Fusion - Mixed by Aza

Aza

It's was about 6-8 weeks ago now, but around XMAS/New Year time I had a classic lads night gathering - with food, beer, PlayStation and, music! We had a variety of music playing, but when asked "how's the mixing going" and "what's your set up like now" I demo'd my Traktor S4 stuff.

A FIFA tournament was started and I took to the decks to provide the audio entertainment. I'd been working on a few things and had a few tunes up my sleeve, so to cater for a range of musical tastes I made this (only just uploaded it to my site today and gave it a title):

Fusion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. Eric Prydz Presents Pryda - You (interlude) w/ Pjanoo (Intro Edit)

02. Daft Punk - One More Time w/ Aerodynamic

03. Talisman P Meets Barrington Levy - Here I Come (Sing DJ) (Club Mix)

04. Martin Solveig Feat. Dragonette - Hello (Club Edit)

05. Deadmau5 - Sofi Needs a Ladder (Original Mix Edit)

06. Eric Prydz Feat. Adeva - In & Out (Eric Prydz Remix)

07. Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (Tiesto Remix)

08. Otto Knows - Million Voices (Original Mix)

09. Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey (Luke Pompey Remix)

10. Tiefschwart - No More Trouble

11. Afrojack vs Kiko - Viscious Fatility Story (Aza's 3-deck Mix Edit)

12. Mr Prydz - Billie Jean (Original Radio Edit)

13. Trisco - Musak (Eddie Halliwell Remix)

14. Depeche Mode - It's No Good (Jeremy Olander Remix)

15. Coldplay - Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix)

16. Sander Van Doorn - Chasin (Original Mix)

17. Arty, Matisse & Sadko - Trio (Original Mix)

18. Eric Prydz Presents Pryda - Allein

19. Pryda vs. Empire Of The Sun - Mirage w/ We Are The People (Sep Sepat Bootleg)

20. Eric Prydz - 2Night (Original Mix)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mix Length: 79:52 | File Size: 115 MB | Bitrate: VBR 192kbps - 320kpbs ~ 202kBit/s

Download MP3 (Right Click & Save-As)

Edited by Aza

Cheers Quadrant - always appreciate you taking the time to comment and especially check out the mixes :)

Ha-ha - I do like to try and be close to 'professional and a real set' knowing that I'm recording myself - it's a trait I picked up when starting out with my mixes; I used to listen back to them to pick up how to learn beat matching, tunes and set structures!

Anyhow did have a few - probably more near the beginning during the Prydz intro (oh that is a beauty), after that I paced it, it was a more a case of trying not to get distracted by watching the goals with the footy and general conversation. There was also a track thrown in after speaking with good old JasonB'age ;)

Was about 90mins or so but trimmed it to fit on a CD...

It is a varied set from my usual approach, but twas more of a 'hosting' and 'social gathering' type thing - with a bit of fun thrown in.

I hope you enjoy it and would love to hear your thoughts/feedback afterward :)

Edited by Aza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Missed this, apologies, but thank you v.much for the response and for checking out the mix.

Of course, I will check out the mix you point out :)

Appreciate the feedback, although I must say with the traktor - a force of habit makes me still manually mix/cue/sync etc. I've always tried to mix as locked as possible - see if you can check out some of my other stuff, which range from 1210's to CDJ's :)