bring back JJ to radio 1

crazyscouseraver

Believe me brother, Jules would seriously struggle to re-establish a credible dance line up on BBC Radio 1 these days, I have occasionally tuned into his Global Warm-Up Show on RTE Pulse Digital Radio and its nothing special by any means!

"The good old days" as you state are clearly gone....

Nah. I'd give him a listen if he were a daytime dance reminisc, and there's no denying his radio persona and gift of the gab are right up there.

He was dropped from radio one and that was sad in that it marked the end of an era, but that era was already well and truly over.

Nothing lasts forever! :)

End of an era and all that, and everyone has their day. But there is no denying that the current dance lineup on Radio 1 is truly crap. Annie Mac is supposed to be the flagship show, and the tracklistings don't even look like dance music anymore. This era in 10 years time will be long forgotten

When Annie Mac first started she was good but now obviously she has decided to go with the crap side of dance music made by a bunch of people she has become really friendly with, Tong was much better, and to some extent still is with his current show.

Dave Pearce is worth a listen on a Saturday night on BBC Radio 2! He brings back some good memories!

Pete Tong will be hard to replace on BBC Radio 1. I have so many good memories listening to Tong over the years and hearing certain tunes for the first time! In particular Eric Prydz.

Not listened to any R1 in ages. No idea what Tong is like these days. I think I've just given up on the station now and will have to continue to reminisce on the good old days with the barrage of audio available here, with slippers on and cup of tea in hand!!

Jules' peak era of 99-2000 for me will literally never get boring - I have listened to sets over and over from that time and still mix many tunes at home that I bought from that era - good memories!! :)