Rank 1 – Airwave (Jullians Bootleg)

i work on a remix of rank 1 awakening for weeks now hope soon finished but have mutch respect of the original material... some tunes shuld be left alone..on the original....

Lots of classics compilations list the original mix of Rank 1 - Airwave but we all know Jules only ever played the Rank 1 vs Dutch Force remix :)

Nice to hear a update, I'm much more open to these reworks than I used to be, possibly because so much time has elapsed since the originals...

Lots of classics compilations list the original mix of Rank 1 - Airwave but we all know Jules only ever played the Rank 1 vs Dutch Force remix :)

Nice to hear a update, I'm much more open to these reworks than I used to be, possibly because so much time has elapsed since the originals...

I used to love the ATB Remix of Airwave. Such a classic tune!

Sounds like everything else right now, pseudo electro. This was played on a state of trance? So trance really means house now does it? Whatever has become of this genre in recent years.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say I'm more akin to what Gary says - this really does nothing for me.

Everything is so formulaic right now, this could be any other track out there at the moment, except for it has that ethereal breakdown strategically cut & pasted into the middle.

Rank1 vs Dutch Forces mix please!

Have to say I'm more akin to what Gary says - this really does nothing for me.

Everything is so formulaic right now, this could be any other track out there at the moment, except for it has that ethereal breakdown strategically cut & pasted into the middle.

Rank1 vs Dutch Forces mix please!

I agree brother, I believe that certain producers are just lazy (creativity wise) and use old tunes as a foundation for formulating new tracks.

Markus Schulz & Ferry Corsten - Loops &Tings is a clear carbon copy/remix!

Also remember Cohen & Deluxe - 'Loops & Kicks' and K-7 - 'Airwave

Markus Schulz & Ferry Corsten - Romper - clearly copied from "Armin & Ferry - Brute"

Binary Finary - 1998 has been remixed loads of times!

Binary Finary - 2009 (Vegas Baby Remix)

Although Tydi & Dennis Sheperd made a cracking remix!

Not a patch on Dutch Forces mix from back in the day for me. It just sounds like the stuff Greg James would play on Dance anthems on a Friday night really (already mentioned - pseudo electro).

On a side note - what on earth was David Guetta thinking....

David Guetta is a tit! Full stop. Terrible production and video....

Its hard to believe that he was responsible for "Just a Little More Love" and "The World is Mine", he has certainly change his musical style. Alot off top DJ's have changed their styles based on commercial money orientated success!