Will.i.am Accused of Stealing Arty and Mat Zo's 'Rebound

Burien

Maybe Will thinks he asked for it, but really he just thought about asking for it. Or maybe he is so rich it really doesn't matter too much to him if he had no permission coz a percentage of the royalties to Mat Zo and Arty won't affect his weekly food shopping anyway.

So maybe if someone rips off the infamous unknown-unknown we'll get to the bottom of that, whilst also getting rich off the back of it.

• 2 weeks later...

What an arrogant di*k. He thinks he can nick anything he likes, pass it to "legal" and the pop-cheese community will never know he stole it from someone else. I like him even less than I did before.

Honestly couldn't care less - the original track is woeful anyway.

But what does annoy me is Will.I.Am saying things like "I know the dance music scene and deserve credit for getting it played on radio" (sic)

I could really vent but it's Sunday and I'm in a good mood, but yeh, basically the guy is a dilluded raper of music & needs to f*** off as soon as possible

Lets be honest Will.I.AM is not stupid and neither are his production/record label people.

They probably knew right well that they were copying the Rebound sample, but they couldn't give a fu*k because they think they can do whatever they want!

I saw him on the Voice UK last night (first time ever watched) and he came across as a big headed asshole!

Take for example his single "Scream & Shout" with Britney, there is no musical master class regarding the lyrics, a 4 year old child could have wrote them lyrics. However, I seriously doubt he composed the music segment himself! He probably has a team to create the music...and he then rants his usual bull....

Yeah saying he helped bring house to the mainstream is overly big headed. Just because rappers have discovered dance music in the past 4 years. Its been big ever since its inception in the late 80s and commercially big since the early 90s.

f***ing pleb!

Everyone heard of him in 2003 when he broke through into the mainstream with the Black Eyed Peas. His 'breaking dance music through' comment really pisses me off. Hasn't the likes of Armand Van Helden, Frankie Knuckles, Roger Sanchez plus many more been breaking dance music through Stateside way before anyone had heard of Will.I.Am? You'd of thought that the world didn't begin until 2004 with the way people talk nowdays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont think its worth them taking legal action nowadays as there is no money in music anymore. Its not like the old days were you would be making a fortune off 1 track so the legal fees probably wouldnt cover what they would receive its good publicity for those guys anyway. Im not being funny but if that happened to me I would feel honoured but then that's just me. Too be honest everyone is ripping each other off these days , producers not making money from tracks, labels not making much money, alot of producers not supporting software developers and so on and so forth. Its all a vicious circle.

There's nothing Arty & Matt Zo can do about this - Anjunabeats hold the copyright naturally. Does anyone know if they issued any legal proceedings?

And now they have...

Also take a look at this and this.

Mat's also deleted his Twitter account, but I think I read from him it was before a lot of this controversy started and so not directly related, but coincidence.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/76984950.html

Full respect to Anjuna with this and now sticking by and representing Mat and Arty.

I also skimmed Mat's page and there was a comment on his FB, which was brilliant: "Will I NOT"!

Also, Chris Brown has already pleaded ignorance, stating "I don't even know who Mat Zo or Arty is?"

Edited by Aza

I've just checked out Mat's second set from the Electric Daisy Carnival in Vegas (fantastic set btw - as was his earlier one in May at Chicago) and after keeping fairly quiet about all this he awesomely took to the mic and said: “Yeah…I copied this song off Will.i.am.”.

A few articles have gone up about it, one here and also here.

He dropped Rebound about half way through his set, check it out!