Judgement Fridays

AlanD

Hey all, first time posting on here but I've been a long-time lurker!

WOW, the Judgement Fridays lineups are looking bare :rubbish: the Judgement nights at BCM even have an edge. Any idea what the hell happened?? What happened to the likes of Simon Patterson and Sean Tyas who played a some of the buildup events, nowhere to be seen! Orjan Nilsen's only in once across the entire season. Is it fair the say the new Dutch owner has replaced Judgement Sundays with Ferry's night when preparation and bookings were already well under way? the lineups scream of hasty arranging, I hope Jules can pull off a miracle somehow and keep the night a success

Taken from the Judgements FB page, I see that both of our opinions were correct. :)

Dear Judgement fans

The story behind the Friday move is that I asked the previous owners of the club for the move as long ago as last September. This was because of my legal career. Although I don't start working on Mondays until after this season is over, I wanted the full 2013 season on Fridays with my eye 100% on the ball before 2014, when I'll be working five days a week as a lawyer and therefore less able to concentrate on Ibiza (albeit with a good team to do so on my behalf.) The previous owners had many excuses why we shouldn't move.
I now realise it was because they were trying to sell the venue and didn't want the uncertainty of their biggest night moving putting off the new buyers. In the end, Eden was sold very late in the day, with the final paperwork only being completed a month ago. By this point I'd given up on Fridays and we'd booked 10 consecutive nights with Ferry Corsten on Sundays, plus some others on the different Sunday dates.
Clearly, the issue of Fridays had been mentioned to the new owners by the old ones, as the new owners immediately asked that Full On Ferry and us promote separately, telling us that they'd heard that we were prepared to move to Fridays.
There are big upsides to Fridays:
1. The Ibiza market is now massively dominated by weekend breaks and not full week holidaymakers, making Friday a much better night.
2. There is little competition.
3. I can continue doing it in 2014 and beyond, which I couldn't on Sundays.
The downside is obvious:
We had an extremely short time to get line-ups together.
Having said that, it's given me an opportunity to focus on the newer Djs I really rate in 2013, whose productions I've been playing, the majority of whom I've succeeded in booking for JF. We're going to be charging a hugely reduced €25 entry with cheaper drinks prices, so I'm very confident. Along with a high tech upgrade and renovation of Eden the new owners have put in over one million euros, turning the club into a state of the art super club to compete with the best in Ibiza for 2013.
Cheers,
Jules