'I Know You Got Soul' remix played by Tong, Comic Relief 2003, Battle Of The DJ's.

drtim

Hi all,

I know this is the wrong place for record id's, but the unknown tracks list doesn't highlight new posts!

I'm looking for the name of the remix of Eric B & Rakim's 'I Know You Got Soul' which was played by Pete Tong in the first round of the Battle Of The DJ's on Radio 1 for Comic Relief in 2003. It was a house remix of the hip hop classic, and I can find no further detail online.

Cheers for any help in advance.

Tim.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
On 8/25/2013 at 3:53 PM, drtim said:

No that's not it mate, but thanks for trying. Might have to see if I can post it here to be id'd.

If you haven’t found it... This is the exact version of Eric B and Rakim track he played as his opening 1st round track at the Comic Relief Dj battle back in 2003, i recorded it on Tape Casette, Great version this

the only tune I have that was spun by judge Jules is this I personal think the other side is better very hard to mix out of. I have others so not really the truth.

I only bought this because judge Jules had spun this in one of sets Burien posted a message on discogs :)

its a nice tune but so fucking hard to mix out .

On 2/22/2021 at 9:09 AM, Loudini said:

If you haven’t found it... This is the exact version of Eric B and Rakim track he played as his opening 1st round track at the Comic Relief Dj battle back in 2003, i recorded it on Tape Casette, Great version this

Thanks guys, i eventually id'd it as the General Midi track and got a copy on vinyl. 

Anyway, cheers for the replies :-)